Summary: For most U.S. Coast Guard awards established on or after October 1, 2021, contractors must submit proper invoices through the Invoice Processing Platform (IPP), a secure web-based, payment information system provided by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Financial Management Service. The service is available free of charge to all Federal agencies and their suppliers. Please refer to the terms of your contract for invoicing instructions specific to your award.
Enrollment actions to take after you have an applicable award:
If you are already enrolled in IPP through another award or agency:
If your company is already registered to use IPP, you will not be required to re-register and you do not need to contact IPP.
If you are NOT already enrolled in IPP:
The point of contact you provided in your SAM.gov registration will receive two emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that emails from this email address may filter into your spam or junk folder:
- The first email will have the IPP Logon ID and a link to the IPP application.
- A second email, which will be sent within 24 hours of the first email, contains a temporary password.
Once your contact receives these emails, please ensure they log into IPP and complete the registration process.
If you are not enrolled in IPP, you must contact the FINCEN Vendor Support Team at FIN-SMB-FSMS-VendorSupport@uscg.mil.
You will not be able to “sign up” for IPP. You must have a current award and be enrolled by working through your FINCEN points of contact.
IPP Training and Support
Vendor training materials, including a first time login tutorial, are available on the https://www.ipp.gov/ website. Once you have logged in to the IPP application, you will have access to user guides that provide step-by-step instructions for all IPP capabilities, ranging from creating and submitting an invoice to setting up email notifications. Live webinars are held monthly and provide a great opportunity to learn the basic of the system and to call in and ask the IPP team questions about the IPP application.
IPP Customer Support is available to assist system users:
Notes for U.S. Coast Guard Yard suppliers:
- As of December 20, 2021, the USCG Yard Team FIN-SMB-YardTeam@uscg.mil email address was phased out and no longer capable of accepting emailed invoices regardless of the award date. Most commercial invoices for the U. S. Coast Guard Baltimore Yard must be submitted through the Department of Treasury’s Invoice Processing Platform (IPP), https://www.ipp.gov, using the Non-PO Option.
- To prevent invoice payment delays:
- Select the correct Agency Location Code (ALC) of 70060004 for U.S Coast Guard Yard when entering the invoices in IPP, and
- Enter the correct Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) in IPP under the comments box.