Certificate of Financial Responsibility (COFRs)
The National Pollution Funds Center is tasked with administering the vessel financial responsibility portions of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 (OPA) and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA).
COFR Application Overview
The COFR Application contains information on the vessels that have been issued COFRs. The data contained therein is updated daily (M-F) as vessels are added or deleted from the list. The site also permits users to apply for, renew, change, and pay for COFR applications via the Web through the E-COFR application.
By clicking on the link below, you may:
- Search for vessel COFR information
- Submit and pay for a new COFR, a COFR renewal, a COFR change or update, and/or a COFR replacement
- Download COFR application Form CG-5585
- Contact marine insurance examiners via e-mail, and
- Download COFR regulations.
Enter COFR Application