All guests are required to complete the DHS Safe electronic screening questionnaire 48 hours prior to arrival, failure to do so will result in a mandatory background check the day of and delayed entry to the event. If you do not receive an email within 48 hours of your response, please contact CCG-RSVP@uscg.mil.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols remain in place. Masks are optional.
- Q: Who is the point of contact for this event?
A: POC: CCG-RSVP@uscg.mil
- Q: Where can I complete the DHS Safe electronic questionnaire?
A: If you RSVP that you are attending then you will be entered into the DHS Safe security system within 48 hrs. You may receive several automated emails from email@example.com. The email that requires action from you will have a subject line of “Additional Visit Information Needed: Commandant’s Change of Command, 01 June 2022”
• At the top of that email will be a link that takes you to the secure DHS Safe website. There you will be asked to fill in required information for the security screening. Please make sure you bring the ID you used for the form on the day of the event.
• If you are bringing an additional guest, you will receive an email for them as well. Please fill in all of their information as you did for yourself.
• Please contact CCG-RSVP@uscg.mil if you have issues with any of these steps.
- Q: Where is the ceremony being held?
A: The ceremony will take place at 11 AM EST in the upper field adjacent to the upper ceremonial entrance of CGHQ. If you walk, follow pre-positioned guides/escorts to direct you to the Ceremony site.
If you take the shuttle, you will be dropped within a short walking distance to the ceremony site.
If you walk through the building; floors are numbered like a ship (Bottom Floor is 9, Top Floor is 1/Ground).
- Take the CAPE HATTERAS elevator to Level 1.
- Exit the elevator LEFT and follow pre-positioned guides/escorts to direct you to the Ceremony site.
- Q: What time is the ceremony? When is the earliest/latest I can arrive?
A: 11:00 am eastern, guests are encouraged to be seated and enjoy music from the Coast Guard Band at 10:30 am. Guests are encouraged to arrive between 0900 -1015 to ensure timely entry and seating prior to the ceremony.
- Q: How much walking will there be?
A: Wear shoes that are comfortable and meet the dress code criteria (Business for Civilian Guests). It is approximately a 10-minute walk one way from the parking garage to the ceremony location.
- Q: What items are prohibited on the St. Elizabeth’s/Coast Guard Headquarters Campus?
A: Firearms and other projectile weapons, bladed and edged weapons, club-like striking devices, destructive devices, explosives, chemicals, and other potentially dangerous items. See complete list here.
- Q: Is the event handicapped accessible?
A: Yes, the ceremony will be handicapped accessible through golf carts, shuttles, and a marked wheelchair route through Coast Guard Headquarters.
- Q: Will shade be provided?
A: Yes, there will be tents strategically placed throughout the lawn to provide shade. The ceremony will take place underneath a climate-controlled tent.
- Q: Will bathrooms be provided?
A: Yes, restrooms will be available to ceremony attendees. A double restroom facility will be postured near the ceremony location and additional restrooms are located within the ceremonial entrance of the CGHQ building.
- Q: Will food and water be available?
A: Yes, water will be available throughout the event. Food and beverages will be available at the reception immediately following the Change of Command and retirement ceremony.
- Q: Will personal photography be allowed?
A: Yes, personal photography will be authorized during the ceremony, however, it is requested that cell phones are placed on silent or do not disturb.
- Q: Will this event be live-streamed online?
A: Yes, a live-stream will be available on the website homepage.
Should any other questions arise, please contact my guest services team at