Rear Admiral David Dermanelian, USCG, serves as the Assistant Commandant for C4IT (CG-6). For a year during his current assignment, he was dual hatted as Commander of Coast Guard Cyber Command and CG-6.
In a previous two year assignment, Rear Admiral Dermanelian served as the Director of Training and Exercises (J7) at U.S. Cyber Command. There he developed joint training and assessment standards and orchestrated over two dozen large scale exercises for the Cyber Mission Forces, partner nations, inter agencies, all Services, National Guard, Reserves, and private industry.
Prior to that he served in ten unique assignments including:
- Commander, Command, Control, Communications, Computers & Information Technology (C4IT) Service Center -
- Chief, Office of Cyber Security and Telecommunications Policy (CG-65)
- Chief Engineer, Command & Control Engineering Center, Portsmouth, VA;
- Commanding Officer, Communications Area Master Station Pacific, Point Reyes, CA
- Chief, Office of C4IT, USCG Seventh District, Miami, FL;
- Commanding Officer, Communications Station Kodiak, AK
- Assistant Professor, US Coast Guard Academy, New London, CT - Project Engineer, Research and Development Center, Groton, CT
- Project officer, Shipboard Electronics, Headquarters, Washington DC
- Deck Watch Officer, USCG Cutter DAUNTLESS, Miami Beach, FL.
As a cadet, he sailed the Coast Guard Cutter EAGLE to Australia. A native of Michigan, Rear Admiral Dermanelian graduated from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and from The George Washington University with a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering.