Servicing Personnel Office (SPO) Manual
Procedures for Direct-Access & JUMPS
The files below have been updated with Change 1. This change incorporates the contents of E-Mail ALSPO messages G/10, J/10, A/11, B/11 and C/11. A side bar in the margin marks the significant changes.
The Coast Guard, Servicing Personnel Office (SPO) Manual, PPCINST M5231.3, 61MB, 2596 pages covers all aspects pay and personnel data entry. It is divided into ten parts:
- Overview (Includes Cover, Letter of Promulgation, Table of Contents, etc.)
- Pay Entitlements
- General Transactions
- PCS Transfer
- Reenlistments and Extensions
- Reserve Unique Transactions
- Joint Uniform Military Pay System (JUMPS)
- Reports and Queries
Change 1 (30 March 2011)
Change 1 to PPCINST M5231.3, Coast Guard Servicing Personnel Office Manual, is now available. This change incorporates the contents of E-Mail ALSPO messages:
A side bar in the margin marks the significant changes. Significant changes include:
- Part I, Direct Access/Jumps Overview:
- Chapter 1: Updated to reflect implementation of MyPortalDirect.
- Chapter 2: Changed title to "DA SPO User Roles and Access (HRS/HRSUP)". Added Payment Approval Official (PAO) designation criteria and process. Added requirement SPO Authorized Personnel Roster.
- Chapter 3: Changed title to "Documentation Standards". Added Procedures for Completing Forms and Worksheets and Evidence Supporting Military Payroll Transactions, General Guidance for Servicing Personnel Offices.
- Chapter 4: Provides guidelines for SPOs to follow when providing services to members who are not permanently or temporarily assigned, for a period of more than 60 days, to a unit in the SPO's area of responsibility (AOR).
- Part II, Pay Entitlements:
- Chapter 3: Added basic navigation for pay entitlement review and approval.
- Chapters 5, 7, 9 and 11: Added review and approval process
- Section 11-A: Added "Notify PPC Customer Care of any erroneous ESACIP submissions. They will coordinate with PPC (ID) to have the transaction removed from the system".
- Chapter 15: The View Paycheck page now includes LES data and comments/remarks for the current month and the previous 12 months.
- Part III, General Transactions:
- Chapter 4: Removed step 7 from Divorce, Annulment or Death of Spouse procedure table. It said to remove the BAH eligibility date when changing spouse to ex-spouse. However, (MAS) needs the date in that field when researching pay entitlement entries that were submitted when the member was married.
- Part VI, Separations:
- Chapters 3, 4 and 5: Changed procedure for completing Separation pay tab to reflect that only the Highest Pay Grade Held field is required to be completed by the SPO only when the member is authorized Disability Severance Pay and that all other fields on this tab are "read only". The other fields are populated when the separation request/authorization is approved by CG PSC.
- Part VII, Reserve Unique Transactions:
- Chapter 4: Removed requirement to enter stop dates on entitlements. Entitlements will reflect the RELAD date as the stop date upon approving the RELAD.