In the Air
- Using Wind Power
- by Mr. Stephan Brabeck
- Green Vessel Design, Environmental best practices.
- by Mr. Brian W. King, Mr. Joseph Payne, Mr. Ryan Roberts, and Ms. Christina Villiott
- Hybrid Propulsion, What is it, and when does it make sense for ships?
- by Mr. Chris B. McKesson and Mr. Thomas P. Risley
- Responding to Changing Marine Emissions Standards, What a hybrid tugboat means for our environment.
- by Susan Hayman
- Onshore Power Supply for Ships, Reducing ship engine emissions.
- by Mr. Thane Gilman
- IMO Strengthens Air Pollution Regulations, New regulations include significant emissions restrictions.
- by Mr. Wayne M. Lundy
- International Maritime Organization and Environmental Protection Agency Marine Emissions Regulations
- by Mr. Carl J. Micu
- Environmental Imperatives, Essential elements of a maritime environmental compliance plan.
- by Mr. Gregory F. Linsin and Ms. Jeanne M. Grasso
- Modernization and its Effect on Hazardous Material Management, Reducing environmental risks.
- by Mrs. Shelly Diedrich
- Creating a Culture of Preparedness, The International Oil Spill Conference.
- by LT Kristen Preble
- Electronics Stewardship, “Greening” the U.S. Coast Guard computer lifecycle.
- by LCDR Amy Bloyd
- Going Green Reaps Rewards, The Coast Guard recognizes industry’s marine environmental protection efforts.
- by LT Jarrod DeWitz
On the Surface
- Greener Oil Spill Response Operations, Ways to make less of a mess when cleaning one up.
- by LT Kelly Dietrich
- Marine Debris, Solutions to a persistent problem.
- by Mr. David Major
- Lounging on the Deep Green Sea, Cruise line efforts in environmental stewardship.
- by Mr. Steve Collins
- Sustainability-the Good, the Bad, and the Green
- by Mr. Dan Yates
- Greenwater, The future of sewage regulations, equipment design, and testing.
- by LT Rob Griffiths, Commander Stephen P. Markle, USN (Ret.), and Mr. Matthew D. MacGregor
- MARPOL Annex I, USCG inspectors and industry working together for a cleaner, greener environment.
- by LCDR Ryan Allain
Beneath the Waves
- Natural Gas Regasification Technologies, Efficient, environmentally friendly LNG vaporization methods.
- by LT Hannah Kawamoto
- Setting a Course for Ballast Water Management, Reducing the global spread of aquatic nuisance species.
- by Mr. John Morris
- The Shipboard Technology Evaluation Program, A U.S. Coast Guard aquatic invasive species reduction incentive.
- by LCDR Brian Moore
- Natural-born Killers, Anti-fouling coating systems and their mixed effects on the marine environment.
- by Mr. Charles (Bud) Darr
Special to this Issue
- The Successful Use of the Auxiliary in the Sector
- by Mr. Michael LaRue
- Assistant Commandant's Perspective
- by RADM Brian M. Salerno
- Champion's Point of View
- by CAPT Michael Blair
- Chemical of the Quarter, The Care and Handling of Liquefied Natural Gas
- by Dr. Alan Schneider
- What You’re Saying