History and Heritage
- Today's National Strike Force:
National Strike Force all-hazard response capabilities.
- by LT Scott Houle and BM1 Kenny Tucker
- The National Strike Force and the National Response System:
Origins and evolution.
- by Mr. Scott R. Lundgren
- From Oil to Anthrax:
The National Strike Force's long, messy history.
- by CDR Keith M. Donohue
- The Oil Spill Response Fund:
Four decades of success.
- by Mr. Allen R. Thuring
- Four Decades of Response:
Four NSF team members recall their experiences.
- by Mr. Peter A. Brunk, Miguel L. Bella, Mr. Mark G. Gregory and DC1 Ken W. Bond
- Fathoms Below:
The Coast Guard NSF Dive Program.
- by CDR JoAnne Hanson
Oil Spill Response
- Federalized and Privatized Oil Spill Response:
Accountability through oil spill response capability.
- by LT Jonathan Cooper, LT Michael Clausen, and Mr. Richard Gaudiosi
- The Exxon Valdez Spill:
Twenty-five years later.
- by Mr. Gary A. Reiter, Mr. Glenn Wiltshire, and Mr. Jack Kemerer
- National Strike Force Oversight:
Ensuring marine salvage and commercial diving operation safety.
- by Mr. Jim Elliott
- SMART Monitoring Protocol:
The on-scene coordinator's tool for success.
- by LT Frank Kulesa and Master Chief Marine Science Technician Andrew Jaeger
- Beyond Augmentation:
Specialized forces in the Texas City "Y" spill response.
- by CAPT Brian Penoyer, CAPT Randal Ogrydziak, CAPT Lisa Campbell, CDR Ricardo Alonso, CDR Kevin Lynn, CDR Zeita Merchant, and LCDR Valerie Boyd
- Between the Spills:
NOAA's efforts to mitigate coastal hazards.
- by Mr. Doug Helton
- An Energy Renaissance:
New fuel transport methods bring potential new risk.
- by LT Aaron Jozsef
- From Oil Spills to Chemical Releases:
The Environmental Protection Agency's role in national response.
- by Ms. Dana Tulis
- That's a Lot of Oil:
A National Strike Force Superfund response.
- by Mr. Dale R. Hemenway and Mr. James W. Snyder
- Keeping It Safe:
Strike force members collaborate to clean a poisonous substance.
- by Mr. J. J. Kichner, P.E.
- National Strike Force CBRN Operations:
Specialized teams with specialized capabilities.
- by CDR Tedd Hutley and LT Brownie Kuk
- Experience Can Be the Best Teacher:
Building federal all-hazmat response proficiency.
- by LT Bryan Naranjo and LTJG Leigh Van Lear
- Leadership in a Time of Crisis:
An interview with former NSF commanding officer, RDML Meredith Austin.
- by LT Christopher Kimrey
- The Incident Command System:
A historical perspective.
- by CDR Kristy Plourde and CDR Ron Cantin
- Beyond Complexity:
Leadership in support of the on-scene coordinator.
- by LCDR Jeffrey Rubini, CEM
- Calling in Reinforcements:
Coast Guard surge support.
- by Mr. Kevin Sligh and LCDR Robert Gore
- We're Not in Kansas Anymore:
International response efforts.
- by CDR Kevin Lynn
- Incident Management and Crisis Response:
A collective approach.
- by CAPT Joseph Gleason and CDR Jason Gunning
- Today's IMAT:
Ready to assist with incident management
- by CAPT Anthony Lloyd
- Gathering Facts, Investigating Incidents, Preventing Casualties:
Lessons learned from an oil spill response perspective.
- by Mr. Robert VanZandt and Mr. Scott Lundgren
- Assistant Commandant's Perspective
- By Rear Admiral Peter J. Brown
- Champion’s Point of View
- by CAPT Claudia Gelzer
- Upcoming in Proceedings
- Chemical of the Quarter
Understanding Mustard Gas: The lingering threat.
- by Joshua P. Gray, Ph.D., LCDR Gregory Crettol, MST2 Thomas Withers, 1/c Samantha Cardoza and 1/c Joshua Moan
- Nautical Queries