Station Toledo began life as a buoy depot in 1938, and was to serve aids to
navigation in the area. But as World War II grew the services, so did it
grow Station Toledo. The station became a procession point for enlisted
personnel, and buildings were quickly erected to serve as barracks, an
exchange and administration. The unit used to be known as Group
Toledo, and was home to a lighthouse service tender, an 83-foot patrol boat,
a service tug, a utility boat, a surf boat and several other small vessels.