Station (ANT) Two Rivers
Coast Guard Station Two Rivers is located in Two Rivers Wisconsin, which is about 30 miles south of Green Bay. It is currently billeted for 22 personnel which includes 12 deck, 8 engineer and 2 support, all enlisted. However, at one time, the station was billeted for 1 commissioned officer, 1 warrant officer, and 7 enlisted. Since no records have been kept, the first Lifeboat Station is believed to have been built during the Civil War period. The keeper of the Lifeboat Station at that time was Oliver Pilon, and he served as keeper until his death in 1892. The station had no power driven boats and only those powered by oars and sails were used. The station was closed during the winter months until 1925, when it came under regular military service. The second station was built in 1909 and served as Two Rivers Group Command. It was staffed with one commissioned officer, one warrant officer, and seven enlisted. During World War II, the station served as one of the check points for basic training.
COAST GUARD SECTOR LAKE
2420 S. Lincoln Memorial Dr., Milwaukee, WI. 53207
Site constructed by: LTJG Christopher D. Meyer, Sector Lake Michigan