Station (AUXOP) Holland
The station was originally established in 1886 on the south side of Lake Macatawa. The current station was built in 1996 and is located on the north side of the lake near the entrance to Holland State Park. Today the unit is staffed with two full time active duty members a Chief Boatswain’s mate as the Officer in Charge and a Machinery Technician as the Executive/Engineering Petty Officer and operates on a seasonal basis. During the boating season the unit is augmented by Coast Guard Reservists and Auxiliarist. The station maintains and operates a 25’ Response Boat which is capable of carrying out a wide assortment of multi-missions. Living up to the Coast Guards’ motto of “Semper Paratus”, the station averages annually approximately 90 search and rescue cases and over 350 maritime law enforcement boardings.
COAST GUARD SECTOR LAKE
2420 S. Lincoln Memorial Dr., Milwaukee, WI. 53207
Site constructed by: LTJG Christopher D. Meyer, Sector Lake Michigan