Feb. 20, 2020 —
The upgrades will be completed throughout FY 2019-2020 and will require:
- Establishing an external network connection through a DISA Cloud Access Point (CAP) to the Microsoft Azure and Office 365 hosted on an Impact Level 5 cloud.
- Bandwidth upgrade orders are in place for the vast majority of Coast Guard sites. Any remaining upgrades needed will be ordered in FY19.
- Phased migrations involving the transfer of services for email, personal/public folders, file/print servers, and Skype will include:
- Upgrade the existing MS Exchange 2010 footprint to Exchange 2016.
- Engineer a future state hybrid on-premises solution to support cutter/aircraft assets.
- Conduct an email and Office 365 Suite pilot.
- Migrate all users’ email accounts (~65k).
- Absorb .pst files to users’ cloud accounts.
- Migrate user files to MS OneDrive.
- Transfer Skype services to MS cloud.