R 021803Z JUL 21
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: COVID-19: CANCELLATION OF CALENDAR YEAR 2021 TRAVEL AND LEAVE SITREP 2
A. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 092141Z MAR 21/ALCOAST 096/21
B. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST M1000.8 (series)
1. This ALCOAST cancels REF (A). Due to current trends of the pandemic, combined with the national vaccination effort, policies for foreign and domestic leave and travel are returned to pre-COVID procedures as outlined in REF (B). However, leave and travel approving officials should weigh individual member vaccination status (vaccinated versus unvaccinated) and site-specific COVID-19 conditions when conducting readiness risk assessment and approving leave and travel requests.
2. The CG maintains a website with authoritative documents, frequently asked questions, and a link to submit your questions. This site is updated continuously and should be referenced first, and often: (Copy and Paste Below URL into Browser) https://www.uscg.mil/Coronavirus/
3. For comments or questions, please contact the Office of Military Personnel and Policy, COMDT (CG-1331) at: HQS-PolicyandStandards@uscg.mil.
4. Dr. D. M. Navarro, Acting Assistant Commandant for Human Resources (CG-1), sends.
5. Internet release is authorized.