R 142100Z MAY 21
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: COVID-19: UPDATED MASK GUIDANCE FOR VACCINATED PERSONNEL
A. Interim CDC Public Health Guidance for Fully Vaccinated People, DTD 13MAY2021
B. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 181744Z FEB 21/ALCOAST 059/21
C. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 022150Z FEB 21/ALCOAST 040/21
1. In accordance with REF (A), fully vaccinated Military, Civilian, Contractor, Non-Appropriated Fund employees, Auxiliary, and visitors who are at least two weeks beyond their final dose are no longer required to wear a mask indoors or outdoors onboard federal facilities, Coast Guard cutters, small boats, and aircraft. All Coast Guard personnel must continue to comply with CDC guidance regarding areas where masks should be worn, including within airports, certain health care settings, and public and private mass transit. Personnel who are not fully vaccinated must continue to follow applicable Coast Guard mask guidance, including continuing to wear masks indoors. The Coast Guard will review and revise applicable Health Protection guidance to address the new CDC guidelines.
2. Commanders and supervisors may verify military members vaccinations status through CGBI. 3. Commanders and supervisors should not ask about a civilian employee’s vaccination status. They also should not use information about a civilian employee's vaccination status to make decisions about how and when civilian employees will report to a workplace instead of teleworking.
4. Members and employees must still follow all applicable Local, State, and Federal mask requirements.
5. REFs (B) and (C) Guidelines still apply for non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated persons.
6. COMDT (CG-113) POC: Mr. Glenn Gebele (202) 475-5195
7. RADM Dana L. Thomas, Director, Health, Safety, and Work-Life, (CG-11), sends.
8. Internet release is authorized.