R 142000Z MAY 21
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
UNCLAS ALCOAST 184/21
SUBJ: COVID-19: CANCELLATION OF ALCOAST 118/20 - TEMPORARY RELAXATION OF HAIR GROOMING STANDARDS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
A. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 020724Z APR 20/ALCOAST 118/20
B. Uniform Regulations, COMDTINST M1020.6 (series)
1. This ALCOAST announces the cancellation of REF (A), the temporary relaxation of hair grooming standards and hair length in response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. All uniform standards in REF (B) are in effect.
2. The daily limitations of the COVID-19 pandemic within the United States have drastically improved from its peak in January 2021. As a result, states and localities have eased pandemic restrictions and commercial haircare is now widely available. In addition, all active duty members have been afforded the opportunity to receive the vaccine which provides personal protection from contracting COVID-19.
3. General policy questions should be addressed to COMDT (CG-1331) at: HQS-SMB-PolicyandStandards@uscg.mil.
4. Technical or procedural Uniform Manual questions should be addressed to Mr. Hayes
C. Davis at: Hayes.C.Davis@uscg.mil or (202) 795-6656. 5. RADM J. M. Nunan, Assistant Commandant for Human Resources (CG-1), sends.
6. Internet release is authorized.