Oct. 27, 2020 —
R 231736 OCT 20
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-1//
TO ALCOAST UNCLAS //N01020//
SUBJ: BODY COMPOSITION SCREENING UPDATE
A. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 091725 JUL 20/ACN 083/20
B. Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual, COMDTINST M1020.8 (series)
C. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 101130 MAR 20/ACN 033/20
1. This ACN modifies the effective dates of the Body Composition Pilot Program promulgated in REF (A).
2. Due to the ongoing global pandemic, the multi-faceted impact to our workforce, and feedback received by senior leaders, we are making an in-stride course change to the October weigh-ins that acknowledges the importance of agility in supporting our workforce.
3. October 2020 weigh-ins will be completed for data collection purposes only, with intent to return to normal application of revised body composition policy (REF (B) as modified by REFs (A) and (C)) by 01 April 2021. Future guidance will be released addressing this process.
4. Weight and body fat screening standards were suspended from 01 April 2020 to 30 September 2020. Collection of October 2020 weigh-in data is critically important to monitor the impacts to our workforce of recent body composition policy enhancements and assessing readiness during the global pandemic.
5. All members will undergo body composition screenings in October 2020 and results will be used to provide Commands and members timely data to achieve compliance during the April 2021 weigh-ins.
6. Any Administrative Remarks, Form CG-3307, created due to a non-compliant body composition screening occurring in October 2020 must be permanently removed from the member’s record.
7. Effective 1 November 2020, all body composition screenings, except those required for accession and commissioning, remain suspended until 01 April 2021 and no member will be referred for probation or separation action under REF (B).
8. Commands must work with members not meeting the standards in October 2020 to facilitate meeting standards for April 2021 weigh-ins, including periodic follow-ups to monitor progress toward achieving compliance.
9. All members will be subject to body composition screenings during the April 2021 weigh-in period.
10. Policies and standards in REF (B) as modified by (A) and (C) not specifically addressed by this ACN remain unchanged.
11. POC: For questions pertaining to this update, contact CAPT Thomas H. King, Office of Military Personnel (CG-13) at (202) 475-5422 or email at: Thomas.H.King@uscg.mil. For questions regarding policy or other human resource management matters contact the Office of Military Personnel (CG-13) at: HQS-PolicyandStandards@uscg.mil.
12. Released by RADM J. M. Nunan, Assistant Commandant for Human Resources.
13. Internet release is authorized.