COVID-19 | May 5, 2020

Transition Assistance Program FAQs


D54 (formerly Q20) Q: I am scheduled to retire or separate from the Coast Guard. How can I get the information I need for the transition? *Updated 4/15/2020*

A: You can complete the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) online. Pre-separation counseling is available on Learning Management System (LMS) course 10061, or can be found by searching for "Pre-separation." Upon completion of this course, the member can take workshops on Joint Knowledge Online (JKO). Once on JKO, search for the classes by selecting TGPS in the dropdown window above the PREFIX column, then click the Search button. Your regional transition managers will help direct you through this process.