April 10, 2020 —
R 101550 APR 20
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-1//
SUBJ: UPDATE TO ACN 039/20 SUSPENSION OF BODY COMPOSITION SCREENING
A. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 191848 MAR 20/ACN 039/20
B. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 101130 MAR 20/ACN 033/20
C. Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual,
1. Due to concerns with social distancing and operational tempo from the CG's COVID-19 response, and to ensure the availability of PPE for high priority missions, this ACN modifies REF (A) by removing the requirement in paragraph 4.b. to conduct monthly Body Composition Screenings for Body Composition (weight) probation.
2. Personnel currently on Body Composition probation will have their probation administratively ended effective 19 MAR 2020. Unit admin will use form CG-3307 entry documenting the end of weight probationary period. The CG-3307 can be downloaded from the Body Composition website at: https://dcms.uscg.mil/military/Body-Composition-Program/.
3. All other requirements outlined in REFs (A,B,C) remain in effect.
4. For general policy questions, contact COMDT (CG-1331) at: HQS-SMB-BodyCompPolicy@uscg.mil.
5. Released by RADM J. M. Nunan, Assistant Commandant for Human Resources.
6. Internet release is authorized