March 20, 2020 —
ALCOAST COMMANDANT NOTICE
CANCEL DATE 18 MAR 2021
R 191848 MAR 20
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-1//
TO ALCOAST UNCLAS //N01020//
SUBJ: SUSPENSION OF BODY COMPOSITION SCREENING
A. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 101130 MAR 20/ACN 033/20
B. Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual, COMDTINST M1020.8 (series)
1. The Novel Coronavirus (C19) has presented a unique challenge to the Nation and all the Services -- to include the Coast Guard.
2. Due to concerns with social distancing and operational tempo from C19, all Body Composition Screenings (to include April 2020 Body Composition Screening) are suspended until 01 October 2020.
3. All military members are reminded that it is their duty to remain in compliance with Coast Guard standards during the suspension period to ensure a mission-ready workforce.
4. Exceptions. a. All accession Body Composition Screenings continue to be required per REFs (A) and (B). b. Personnel currently on probation will remain on probation and will continue monthly Body Composition Screenings in accordance with REFs (A) and (B). c. Personnel currently being processed for separation will continue to be processed per REFs (A) and (B).
5. For general policy questions contact COMDT (CG-1331) at: HQS-SMB-BodyCompPolicy@uscg.mil.
6. Released by RADM J. M. Nunan, Assistant Commandant for Human Resources.
7. Internet release is authorized.