Office of Work-Life Programs -
Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
Individual Transition Plan (ITP) Deliverables
The Individual Transition Plan (ITP) requirement helps members determine
the actions to take to achieve their career goals. The ITP is required for
all members and must be completed before attending a Transition GPS
- Service member begins
Individual Transition Plan (ITP).
- ITP Block 1 should be started by the member before the Transition GPS
- ITP Block 2 is worked on during the three days of the DOLEW section of
the TAP seminar.
- ITP Blocks 3, 4 and 5 will be completed by the member based on their
goals/career path and which tracks they pursue.
- ITP Block 6 should be stressed in the Pre-separation Briefing and these
milestones incorporated into the individual's transition process.
- Regional Transition Relocation Managers (TRM) will initiate the Service
Member’s Individual Transition Plan (ITP) Checklist,
DD Form 2958 with the
member upon completion of the ITP. Service Member will maintain the ITP
checklist, DD Form 2958, along with his/her ITP.
- Work with your TRM to schedule a 5-day available Transition GPS seminar.
- Member MUST complete all pre-requisites for the Transition GPS Seminar
for which s/he is registered.
- Member must register for
eBenefits on Veteran Affairs website.
After completion of TGPS seminar, the SM should contact their TRM for further
guidance on ITP and additional GPS track seminars available depending on
goals in ITP.