Office of Work-Life Programs (CG-111) -
Coast Guard Athleticism Program
Click the "play" button to begin the video.
If you are unable to access the video below, try viewing it in a
new window instead.
- Level 1 - lie on side with forearm on ground, knees bent
- Raise hips with body in a straight line from knees to
- Activate core with a neutral spine
- Level 2 (Demonstrated) - lie on side with forearm on ground, knees
straight, top foot heel in front of bottom foot toes
- Activate core with a neutral spine, body in a straight
line from shoulders to ankles
- Level 3 - same position as level 2, then raise upper leg
up as tolerated
- Level 4 - same position as level 3 except straighten arm
with hand on floor.
- Hold for prescribed time
Point of Contact
If you are unable to contact the Health Promotion Manager on your
Regional Work-Life Staff, or need additional
assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact the
Headquarters Health Promotions Program Manager, Tim Merrell at (202)
475-5146, fax (202) 475-5907, or email at