Office of Work-Life Programs (CG-111) -
Coast Guard Athleticism Program
Click the "play" button to begin the video.
If you are unable to access the video below, try viewing it in a
new window instead.
- Standing while holding a kettlebell or dumbbell with
both hands in front of you with straight arms
- Activate the core with a neutral spine
- Lower your body into a squat, dropping the weight below
- Then, as you stand back up, raise your arms up in front
of you until they are parallel to the floor
- Without pausing, drop back into the squat for one
- Continue this squatting and swinging pattern
- Keep your arms straight throughout the movement
Point of Contact
If you are unable to contact the Health Promotion Manager on your
Regional Work-Life Staff, or need additional
assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact the
Headquarters Health Promotions Program Manager, Tim Merrell at (202)
475-5146, fax (202) 475-5907, or email at
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Windows Media Player
Last Modified 1/12/2016