Office of Work-Life Programs (CG-111) -
Coast Guard Athleticism Program
Battling Ropes - "Cork Screws"
Click the "play" button to begin the video.
If you are unable to access the video below, try viewing it in a
new window instead.
Battling Ropes - Cork Screws
- Secure a 1.5 inch x 50 feet battling rope at the
midpoint around a stationary object
- Put slack in the line
- Start in athletic stance and grasp handles
- Activate core with a neutral spine
- Both arms rotate the rope from the inside out
- Perform prescribed time or repetitions
Point of Contact
If you are unable to contact the Health Promotion Manager on your
Regional Work-Life Staff, or need additional
assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact the
Headquarters Health Promotions Program Manager, Tim Merrell at (202)
475-5146, fax (202) 475-5907, or email at
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Windows Media Player
Last Modified 1/12/2016