Office of Work-Life Programs (CG-111) -
Coast Guard Athleticism Program
Strength – "Barbell Bench Press”
Click the "play" button to begin the video.
If you are unable to access the video below, try viewing it in a
new window instead.
“Barbell Bench Press”
- Lying face up on barbell bench with overhand grip and
arms extended over chest
- Toes under knees
- Shoulder blades back and down, chest up
- The grip should be approximately shoulder width apart
- Lower bar to chest and return to starting position
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetition
Point of Contact
If you are unable to contact the Health Promotion Manager on your
Regional Work-Life Staff, or need additional
assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact the
Headquarters Health Promotions Program Manager, Tim Merrell at (202)
475-5146, fax (202) 475-5907, or email at
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Windows Media Player
Last Modified 1/12/2016