There are two airports that service the National Motor Lifeboat School. Portland International Airport is the primary airport that is used. Sea-Tac Airport in Seattle is a secondary choice and much further in disatance.
If you are driving to the school in a POV, the maps below will assist you in getting on the major freeways and highways that lead to the school.
Portland to NMLBS
- Start going towards the AIROPORT EXIT on NE AIROPORT WAY - 0.7 mi.
- Bear LEFT on a local road - 0.1 mi.
- Bear LEFT on NE AIROPORT WAY - 2.0 mi.
- Turn LEFT to take I-205 NORTH - 12.3 mi.
- Take the I-5 NORTH exit - 29.2 mi.
- Take the WA-432 WEST / LONGVIEW (WA - 4) exit towards LONG BEACH, exit #36 - 0.1 mi.
- Continue towards WA-432 WEST / LONGVIEW (WA - 4) / LONG BEACH - 0.2 mi.
- Continue on TENNANT WAY - 3.5 mi.
- Turn LEFT on OREGON WAY - 1.5 mi.
- OREGON WAY becomes LEWIS AND CLARK BRG / OREGON WAY - 0.3 mi.
- LEWIS AND CLARK BRG / OREGON WAY becomes LEWIS AND CLARK BRG - 0.6 mi.
- Continue on ramp - 0.3 mi.
- Continue on US-30 - 45.0 mi.
- Continue on MARINE DR - 1.7 mi.
- Continue on W MARINE DR - 0.6 mi.
- Turn RIGHT on ASTORIA BRG - 4.2 mi.
- ASTORIA BRG becomes US-101 - 9.9 mi.
- Arrive in Ilwaco and follow the signs to the Coast Guard Base. This sign is located by the local market and bank.