About Service Lines:
Welcome to Service Lines!
This online-only Mission Support magazine was created to improve communication across the Mission Support enterprise and enhance visibility of its activities and accomplishments. Our goal is for everyone — from the deck plate to the front office — to have a convenient source for new and ground-breaking Mission Support news and updates as we evolve into a more capable, efficient and sustainable mission support partner.
As an online-only magazine, Service Lines will be updated regularly with new stories and improvements to the site, so check back often to read the latest news from around the organization.
We hope you find the information published in this magazine informative and the format engaging.
Your feedback and suggestions are welcome as we continue to improve and fine-tune this magazine. Please send all comments, article and news clip suggestions or submissions to email@example.com.
How to Navigate Service Lines:
- Access Articles - Click a link or the photo associated with the story to view the whole article.
- Save pictures - Right-click a photo and select "Save Picture As" from the menu to save the low-resolution copy.
- Print articles - Click on the printer icon located at the top of each article or news clip page to print a printer-friendly version of the content.
- Print all content for a quarterly issue - At the conclusion of each quarter, a PDF-compilation of all the magazine content for that quarter will be available for download and printing.
- Send to a friend - Use the button next to the print button at the top of the story to draft an e-mail with a link to the story
- Subscribe to an RSS feed or E-mail distribution list - You may click the RSS icon at the top of your browser to view and subscribe to this site's RSS feed. For more information about RSS, visit http://uscg.mil/top/rss.asp. Soon you will be able to subscribe to the Service Lines distribution list to receive e-mail updates as new content is posted.
- Like on Facebook or other social media sites - Use the social media
AddThis toolbar at the top of each story to share on your favorite social media site.
You may also copy and paste the URL from the Service Lines address bar into your social media website to create a link and comment there.
- Find old articles that are no longer on the home page - Click "See more Service Lines articles" at the bottom of the main page to visit the magazine archive.
- Submit a comment or suggestion - We look forward to hearing from you! Please send all comments and article and news clip suggestions or submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make Service Lines your homepage (for Coast Guard employees) - In order to open your browser directly into Service Lines, you will need to make a shortcut link to the site. Simply drag the icon in your browser address bar
to your desktop, quick launch toolbar
or Start Menu. Use the new shortcut to launch your browser.
Editorial content is unofficial and not authority for action. Views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Department of Homeland Security or the Coast Guard. Articles may be reprinted except for those reprinted by permission from other publications.
Service Lines editors and its editorial board retain final approval authority for the publication or non-publication of all letters to the editor and content submissions. We also reserve the right to edit submissions for length, accuracy and grammar.