Reserve Personnel Management Division
Reserve Personnel Services Branch (rpm-3)
WHAT WE DO
RPM-3 has three primary business lines:
- Management of the IRR and Standby Reserve (ASL and ISL)
- Reserve Incapacitation System Management (i.e. Reserve Medical)
- Reserve VA Education Benefits
- Serve as the command for the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR), Active Status List (ASL) and Inactive Status List (ISL).
(See Note 1)
- Servicing Personnel Office (SPO) for IRR, ASL, ISL.
- Personnel Data Records (PDR) management for IRR, ASL, ISL.
- Enter Correspondence Courses for retirement point credit (IRR and ASL only)
- Process Drill for Points Only Requests (DFPO)
- Assist IRR Officers transition to the SELRES (Enlisted members use ISTT)
NOTE 1: RPM-3 does not serve as the command or SPO for IRR members authorized to DFPO, on active duty orders or en route/attending
accession training at the Coast Guard Academy or TRACEN Cape May.
- Manage the Coast Guard Incapacitation System for ill and injured reservists.
- Benefits Issuing Authority (BIA) for:
- Medical hold orders
- Active duty for health care (ADHC) orders
- Notices of eligibility (NOE) (See Note 2)
- Incapacitation pay
- Authorize medical support allowance billets (MSAB)
- Approve medical waivers for reservists
- Manage HIV cases for reservists
- Notify commands and members separated or retired via the Physical Disability Evaluation System (PDES).
NOTE 2: CG-111 is the NOE BIA for restricted reports of sexual assault.
- Program Manager for all Reserve VA Educational Benefit Programs.
- Verifies eligibility for Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR), Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) and the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- Authorization of Post 9/11 GI Bill Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) for reservists. (Requires an additional 4-year service obligation in the SELRES or on Regular Active Duty).
What We Do NOT do:
- Manage the Physical Disability Evaluation System (PDES) for reserve members.
- Manage or determine months of remaining educational benefits eligibility.
- Manage requests for lateral changes in rating, conditional releases, separations, etc. (See the RPM-1 website for more information.)
- Approve Reserve Component Category changes (RCC) for members entering and leaving the Selected Reserve (SELRES). RCCs to and from the SELRES are approved by
- Commands should send all RCC requests to the RPM-1 Status Section at:
- IRR, ASL or ISL members wanting to transfer to the SELRES should:
- ENLISTED: Contact the Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) In-Service Transfer Team (ISTT) at:
email@example.com. The ISTT will
work with you to validate your readiness (medical, dental, weight compliance, etc.) prior to allowing your return to the SELRES.
The ISTT also coordinates assignments to the SELRES with theRPM-2 (Reserve Assignments Branch).
- OFFICERS: Contact the RPM-3 Reserve Officer Query at:
Prior to transferring to the SELRES, IRR officers must complete satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete all medical and administrative requirements outlined on the
IRR to SELRES webpage.
- Be slated for a SELRES assignment by RPM-2. Please see the
RPM-2 website provides guidance on the assignment process.
RPM-3 Branch Chief: LT Jarod Ross, Jarod.M.Ross@uscg.mil
RPM-3 SPO: ARL-PF-CGPSC-rpm-3-Query@uscg.mil
Drill for Points Requests:
IRR to SELRES Transitions:
Reserve Medical: ARL-DG-CGPSC-RPM-Reserve-Medical@uscg.mil
Reserve VA Education: ReserveVAEducation@uscg.mil