Skip Navigation


Security Levels

U.S. Coast Guard Personnel Service Center
Records Section (MR) Web site

The Records Branch creates and maintains headquarters level military personnel data records. While ensuring accountability, we consistently provide information in a timely manner.

Obtaining a copy of your EI-PDR

Review COMDTINST M1080.10(series) which outlines the policies and authorized content of your USCG EI-PDR. The Records Section maintains and/or is responsible for the following records:

1. Active duty officer and enlisted electronic record (PSC IPDR) 2. Reserve officer and enlisted electronic record. (PSC EI-PDR) 3. Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL) 4. Shipment of retired personnel records to NPRC, St Louis MO.

Your PSC PDR is an electronically imaged copy of your Personnel Data Record or EI-PDR. It is your official Coast Guard PDR. This is why it’s very important for you to maintain a close relationship with your SPO and to understand how the PDR system works through review of the aforementioned PDR Instruction.

Active Duty & Reserve Members (Officer and Enlisted)

To receive a copy of your EI-PDR submit a signed memo with EMPLID as a scanned PDF attachment to one of the email addresses below. We recommend requesting your EI-PDR at least three months prior to your board to allow for any necessary updates. 

For Officer Record Requests:

For Enlisted Record Requests:

A military records technician will download your record to a PDF file and e-mail it back to you usually within three working days. Due to security and your privacy, these files can only be sent to '' addresses.

Records over the 10MB e-mail attachment limit will be sent to you through the MLC Large File Upload Service. This often lands in your 'junk' e-mail folder when sent out. You must move it to your Inbox or it will not open.

We also suggest you download your record to a disk and delete the e-mail. We do NOT recommend forwarding your record to a home e-mail address through a commercial web carrier.

Viewing your record on site is no longer authorized. Please call 202-795-6375 if you need special arrangements made to review your EI-PDR.

Separated/Discharged Members

Submit a request to National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), attention Coast Guard Records.

The NPRC is where all Coast Guard personnel records are shipped when you separate or retire. We hold the records here for six months before forwarding them to give the SPOs time to close out your records and send them to us. So, if you separated or retired more than six months back, we most likely have sent them off to St Louis. At this point, it’s best to contact the NPRC for services connected with your PDR. To gain copies of your PDR in part or whole from the NPRC, you will have to submit a request.

Employment Verification & Retired Records

The Personnel Service Division (PSD) provides information that people commonly believe we have here, but do not. For example:

All potential employers and any other legal entities should please call the PSD for assistance with these issues.

Immigration and Naturalization Issues for USCG Members

Please see our Immigration Web Page for the services we provide in this area.

Merchant Marine Personnel

From time to time former Merchant Marine personnel contact us here for information on their records. We don’t service such records, but for those who need to contact the National Maritime Center. (304-433-3400).

Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download MS Word viewer MS Word
Last Modified 1/12/2016