Coast Guard Personnel Service Center
Officer Personnel Management Division
Officer Evaluations Branch (CG PSC-opm-3)
OES Policy Summary of Changes- COMDTINST M1000.3A
ALCOAST 454/11 announced cancellation of Personnel Manual and release of the Officer Accessions, Evaluations, and Promotions, COMDTINST M1000.3. This update contained several important changes to the Officer Evaluation System.
1. Any O-5 or above, including non-Coast Guard officers can be both
Reporting Officer for their immediate subordinates. (Article 5.A.2.e.(1)(e))
2. "Days Not Observed" is no longer used; leave blank. (Article 5.A.4(c)(1)[h])
3. Awards are no longer authorized attachments to the OER. (Article
Leave line blank.
4. Active Duty CWO4s are no longer authorized to submit continuity OERs.
ALCOAST 092/08 is cancelled.
5. Retired Recall Officers: Eligible officer who transition directly to a
retired recall status
following retirement are now authorized to submit an OER for continuity purposes incident
to leaving active duty per Article 5.A.3.a(5)(b).
** Officer Accession, Evaluation, and Promotions, COMDTINST M1000.3, Article 5.A.3.a(5)(g) will be deleted in its entirety at the next available update.