Volume 72, Number 2
- 21st Century Waterways
- Improving Mariner Situation Awareness
- Ensuring safe, secure, and resilient waterways
Download (3.86 MB - 68 Pages)
Table of Contents
Federal Agency Involvement
- 21st Century Waterway Design:
Providing safe, efficient, and resilient waterways.
- by CDR John M. Stone
- Visual Aids to Navigation Division:
- by CDR Steven A. Wheeler
- Future Navigation:
Building upon navigation's history.
- by Captain Shep Smith
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
The future of navigation and 21st century waterways.
- by Mr. Jeff Lillycrop and Mr. Brian Tetreault
- Looking Forward:
How e-Navigation tools can improve the view.
- by Captain Michael R. Watson
- The 21st Century Marine Transportation System:
Keeping the new economy moving safely and efficiently.
- by Ms. Jennifer A. Carpenter
- Recreational Boating:
A glimpse into the future.
- by Mr. Kevin Falvey
- Recreational Boating Perspectives:
A revolution in the making.
- by L. Daniel Maxim, Ph.D.
- The Columbia River:
Helping shape 21st century navigation.
- by Mr. Fred Myer
- The Age of Unmanned Shipping:
New opportunities and regulatory considerations.
- by Mr. George Detweiler and Rand D. LeBouvier, Ph.D.
- Standards Support Innovation:
The future of marine navigation technology.
- by Ms. Sandra Borden, Mr. M. Edward Gilbert, Mr. Joseph Hersey, Jr., Mr. Robert L. Markle, Mr. Ross Norsworthy, Mr. Rudy Peschel, and Mr. Joe Ryan
- Human-Centered Design for Navigation Systems:
Reducing costs, increasing operations efficiency, and delivering significant safety improvements.
- by Mr. Nick Lemon and Michelle Rita Grech, Ph.D.
- 21st Century Waterways Navigation:
A Research and Development Center initiative.
- by Mr. James E. Fletcher
- Dial "C" for Cyber Attack:
How marine system vulnerabilities can increase cyber risk.
- by CAPT Andrew Tucci
- Augemented Reality Navigation Displays:
Maintaining situational awareness in the e-Navigation era.
- by Captain Samuel R. Pecota, Martha Grabowski, Ph.D., and Eric Holder, Ph.D.
- The Draft Information System:
Innovation in vessel traffic management.
- by Ms. Betty Sutton
Delivering the Future of Navigation
- Looking out the Window:
Training the navigator for 21st century waterways.
- by Captain Scott Powell
- Director's Perspective
- by Mr. Gary C. Rasicot
- Champion’s Point of View
- by CAPT Scott J. Smith
- Upcoming in Proceedings
- Chemical of the Quarter
Understanding Diluted Bitumen.
- by 1/c Nickolette Morin and CDR Gregory Hall
- Nautical Queries
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 7/1/2015