Volume 72, Number 3
- America's Energy Renaissance
- The Coast Guard prepares for maritime transportation system changes
- The liquefied Gas Carrier National Center of Expertise
Download (4.30 MB - 92 Pages)
Table of Contents
New Energy and Its Maritime Impacts
- The Energy Renaissance:
New U.S. energy reserves create a new oil and gas paradigm
- by Mr. Rick Elliott
- The Global Gas Revolution:
America's Energy Renaissance is a game-changer.
- by LCDR Anthony Hillenbrand
- The New Crudes:
From Bakken to bitumen.
- by Ms. Deniese Palmer-Huggins and Dr. Michelle Michot Foss
- Energy Renaissance Waterway Impact:
Managing the nation's waterways as demand increases.
- by LCDR Jamie Bigbe
- Mitigating Risk:
America's Energy Renaissance and maritime security.
- by LCDR John Egan and Mr. Alan Peek
Liquefied Gas Production, Transportation, and Use
- Liquefied Natural Gas Terminals:
Review and approval process.
- by Mr. Terry L Turpin, P.E.
- U.S. Coast Guard and MARAD Efforts:.
- by Mr. Curtis Borland
- Liquefying Natural Gas:
Liquefaction uses and advantages.
- by Ms. Jennifer Seitter and Mr. Javid Talib
- Accessing Landlocked Natural Gas Reserves:
Floating LNG solutions.
- by Capt. Stanley Wendelewski
- Liquefied Gas Carriers:
Trends, routes, and inspections.
- by Mr. Micahel Davison and LT Dallas Smith
- Containment Systems:
LNG cargo containment systems are designed for safety..
- by Mr. Aziz Bamik
- The Subchapter O Endorsement:
For foreign liquefied gas carriers.
- by LT Rachel Beckmann
- Shifting the Rudder?:
Charting LNG export on U.S.-flagged LNG carriers.
- by LCDR Corydon F. Heard IV
- Liquefied Gas Barges:
Bunker and cargo considerations.
- by LT Christina Nelson and Mr. Roy Bleiberg
- Safe Transport:
LNG shipping history.
- by Mr. Andrew Clifton
- LNG as Fuel:
Projects and new design/operating standards.
- by Mr. Timothy E. Meyers, P.E., and Mr. Scott V. LaBurn
- A Sea Change:
A bright future for gas-fueled shipping.
- by Mr. Mark Bell
Adapting to New Crude
- Environmental Response in a New Crude Landscape:
Responding to oil sand product spills.
- by Mr. Kurt Hansen and LT Sara Booth
- New Crude Tests Regulatory Flexibility:
Bakken crude oil transport challenges.
- by LT Andrew Murphy
- Arctic Resources:
The lure of energy resources in the frontier.
- by LT Stephen P. Fainer
- Crude Transport:
Coast Guard connectivity to the oil and gas supply chain.
- by LT Brandon Aten
Planning for the Renaissance
- Prevention, Preparedness, Response:
The U.S. Coast Guard readies for America's Energy Renaissance.
- by LCDR Mike Struthers
- Training the USCG for the Energy Renaissance:
Marine inspector qualification and training.
- by CDR Jim Rocco, Mr. Rob Hanley, and Mr. Mark J. Gandolfo
- Mariner Training:
Alternative fuel competency.
- by Mr. Davis J. Breyer and Ms. Margaret Doyle
- Assistant Commandant's Perspective
- by Rear Admiral Paul F. Thomas
- Champion’s Point of View
- by CDR Jason Smith
- Upcoming in Proceedings
- Chemical of the Quarter:
Understanding Unslaked Lime
- by Mr. Tom Gleave
- Nautical Queries
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 10/2/2015