Volume 71, Number 4
- Risk Management
Download (4.52 MB - 92 Pages)
Table of Contents
- Maritime Governance
Designed with security in mind.
- by Ms. Danielle Bivens
- The Coast Guard and Cybersecurity
A legal framework for prevention and response.
- by LCDR Brandy Parker and Mr. Glenn Gray
Increasing cyber resilience, awareness, and managing risk.
- by Mr. Thad Odderstol
- Reducing Cyber Risk
Marine transportation system cybersecurity standards,
liability protection, and cyber insurance.
- by Mr. David Dickman, Mr. Dismas N. Locaria, and Mr. Jason Wool
- Cyberspace — the Imminent Operational Domain
A construct to tackle the Coast Guard’s tough challenges.
- by CAPT Jeff Radgowski and CAPT Katherine Tiongson
- Shifting the Paradigm
The DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program.
- by Mr. Eric Goldstein and Mr. Mark Kneidinger
- Hacking 101
Using social engineering increases security attack effectiveness.
- by Mr. Ron Schnell
- Zero-Day Vulnerabilities
What to do when it’s too late to prevent an attack.
- by Prof. Xiuwen Liu, Prof. Mike Burmester, Mr. W. Owen Redwood, Mr. Fred Wilder, Captain USCG (ret.), and Mr. Judd Butler
- Securing Your Control Systems
- by Mr. Mate J. Csorba, Ph.D. and Mr. Nicolai Husteli
Cybersecurity of Maritime Critical Infrastructure
- Building Port Resilience
How cyber attacks can affect critical infrastructure.
- by Ms. April Danos
- Maritime Critical Infrastructure Cyber Risk
Threats, vulnerabilities, and consequences.
- by LCDR Marshall E. Newberry
- Control System Cybersecurity
Legacy systems are vulnerable to modern-day attacks.
- by LCDR Jennifer M. Konon
- Hide and Seek
Managing Automatic Identif cation System vulnerabilities.
- by LCDR Allison Middleton
- GPS Spoofing and Jamming
A global concern for all vessels.
- by Ms. Brittany M. Thompson
Information Sharing and Intelligence
- Department of Homeland Security Efforts
Implementing cybersecurity initiatives throughout the federal government.
- by LCDR Maureen D. Johnson
- Countering the Maritime Cyber Threat
The FBI’s expanding partnerships and programs.
- by Supervisory Special Agent Richard Kolko
- Rethinking Reporting
Handling transportation cybersecurity incidents.
- by Mr. Weston R. Laabs
- Cyber Intelligence Operations
More than just ones and zeroes.
- by Mr. Randy Borum, Ph.D., Mr. John Felker, Captain USCG (ret.), and Lieutenant Colonel Sean Kern, USAF
- Combating Insider Threat
The greatest threats are the ones with access.
- by Mr. Greg Smith
- The Threat Within
Protecting against internal enemies.
- by Mr. Scott O’Connell
- The Frenemy
Insider threats in the maritime environment.
- by Colonel Steve Coppinger (USAF, ret.)
- Into the Storm
Tall ship Bounty founders at sea.
- by Ms. Sarah K. Webster
- Assistant Commandant's Perspective
- By Rear Admiral Marshall B. Lytle III and Rear Admiral Paul F. Thomas
- Champion’s Point of View
- By CAPT Michael C. Dickey
- Upcoming in Proceedings
- Chemical of the Quarter
Understanding Dimethyl Sulfide
- by Cadet Nickolette Morin
- Nautical Queries
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 12/23/2014