Skip Navigation
First Time Logon Guide for Retired Pay Self-Service Global Pay Logon Page

PPC Retiree and Annuitant Services (RAS) Payroll System Modernization Project

Direct Access II

Using Global Pay Self Service

User Guides

Note: To access the self service system, you must have received your first retired pay slip.

Because you are a new retiree, there is nothing available to view on the system until the pay has been processed.

The most convenient way to view your Retiree/Annuitant Payslip and manage your account is through Global Pay Self Service, our online account management system. Global Pay Self Service provides faster service, security, accessibility and reliability to all PPC (RAS) customers worldwide.

The following guidesadobe acrobat reader required and video demosadobe flash player required will help familiarize you with software applications in Global Pay Self Service:

How to Access Your Global Pay Self Service Account

First Time User

If you're new to Global Pay Self Service here's how to get started:

Download and read the First Time Logon Guide adobe acrobat reader required for Retired Pay guide. It will provide you with the information you need to logon and setup your self service account. After reading the guide you will know that:

Forgot Password?

If you've already setup your account per the instructions above but you've forgotten your password just follow these steps to reset it:

  1. Go to and click "Forgot My Password."
  2. Enter your User ID and click the Continue button.

    Note: If your account is not setup, an error message will display. You will need to contact PPC (ras) and request a new password. Call 1-800-772-8724 to speak to a Customer Service Representative.

  3. If your account is properly setup (You have entered your e-mail address and setup a security question and response) the system will send a password reset link via email.

    Note: If the e-mail address associated with your account is no longer valid or if you have forgotten the answer to your security question, you will need to contact PPC (ras) and request a new password. Call 1-800-772-8724 to speak to a Customer Service Representative.

  4. Follow the instructions in the email to access the password reset page.

If you have trouble, call PPC (ras) at 1-800-772-8724 to speak to a Customer Service Representative.

Direct Access II Self Service Phase VII -- Retiree Update Federal/State Tax Information


Effective 21 February 2013, retirees have the ability to update their federal or state tax information in Direct Access II/Retired Pay Self-Service.


For detailed procedures on using the Self Service application, please refer to this guide PDF Warning.

Direct Access II Self Service Phase VI -- View Final Beneficiaries


Effective July 2, 2012, the Global Pay Self Service application will allow retirees to review their final pay beneficiary designations.

After logging into the Self Service application, just click the "View My Final Pay Beneficiary" link and it will take you to a screen showing who PPC has on file for your final pay beneficiary(ies). If the person(s) listed are not who you want to receive your final retired pay, you'll need to fill out a new Form CG-3600 (Designation of Beneficiary for Payment of Unpaid Retired Pay) and submit the Form to PPC (RAS). PPC (RAS) will update the beneficiary information in the database, and then within the next two months you should see your beneficiary information updated.

This functionality is only applicable to retirees. If an annuitant dies and there are arrears due, distribution of the arrears will be made pursuant to the order of precedence listed in the next paragraph. (Normally, there are no annuity arrears due because annuities are not pro-rated for the month of death, i.e., entitlement to an annuity stops as of the last day of the month prior to the annuitant's death.)

If a retiree does not designate a final pay beneficiary in writing, under the law (10 USC 2771), unpaid retired pay is paid in the following order of precedence:

  1. Surviving spouse.
  2. Children and their descendants, by representation.
  3. Father and mother in equal parts or, if either is dead, the survivor.
  4. Legal representative.
  5. Person entitled under the law of the domicile of the deceased member.

Please remember that final pay designations are separate from SBP annuity designations. Your Pay Slip provides you with information on what type of SBP coverage you have, along with the associated monthly premium and projected monthly SBP annuity amount.

Direct Access II Self Service Phase V


Beginning as soon as October 5, 2011, retirees will have the capability to start, change, or stop allotments (called "voluntary deductions" in the Global Pay system). After logging into the Self Service application, just click the "My Voluntary Deductions" link and it will take you to a screen for entering your changes. Please be sure to save your changes before leaving the page.

This functionality is only available to retirees; annuitants and other payees cannot add or change voluntary deductions.

Voluntary deductions you can start, stop, or change using Self Service are the following:

Allotment PurposeRestrictions
Personal Savings Account Limit of 2 savings allotments. The account must be separate from the account where your Net Pay is sent. Cannot be sent via foreign wire payment.
Treasury Direct Account Limit of 1. Used for purchasing Treasury securities. (Replaced "Bond" allotments")
Support of Dependents None
Home Loan / Mortgage / Rent Loan payments must be for home used as a residence by the retiree, spouse, or dependent
Commercial Insurance None
Navy Mutual Aid Insurance Limit of 1
CG Mutual Assistance Donation Limit of 1
Chief Petty Officer Association Limit of 1
Warrant Officer Association Limit of 1
CG Academy Alumni Association Limit of 1


For detailed procedures on using the Self Service application, please refer to this guide PDF Warning.

Future Self Service

More Self Service functionality will be coming in the future, to include:

Direct Access II Self Service Phase IV

Updating your email address and setting Pay Slip mailing options

The Retiree and Annuitant Self Service application is being expanded in October 2010 to allow you to:

  • Update your Email address(es).
  • Elect to discontinue receiving Pay Slips by mail.

    To update your Email address(es), on the Self-Service content page, click the "View/Change My Email Address" link. You will then receive the following screen. Enter your Email information. If you choose to list more than one Email address, you must select one as a primary address. Please be sure to Save before leaving the page.

    To opt out of receiving mailed Pay Slips, on the Self-Service content page, click the "Change My Delivery Options" link. When the following screen appears, uncheck the box next to "I elect to receive my Pay Slip by mail". Please be sure to Save before leaving the page.

    Customers now have the capability to make the following changes through the Self Service application:

  • Change Direct Deposit information.
  • Update mailing address, e-mail address(es), and phone numbers.
  • Opt in/out of receiving the Retiree Newsletter and Pay Slip by mail.
  • View and print Pay Slips and IRS Forms 1099R/1095.

    PPC plans to add the following functionality to the Self Service application in the future:

  • Submit Certificates of Eligibility & Reports of Existence.

    Direct Access II Self Service Phase III

    Direct Deposit

    In July 2010, we are implementing the next phase of Self Service. This phase gives you the ability to update Direct Deposit for your Net Pay.

    • If you already have Direct Deposit, you will be able to change bank and account information when you change banks.
    • If you are currently receiving a paper check, you will be able to convert to Direct Deposit by adding a bank to your profile and electing to have your Net Pay deposited in an account at that bank.

    Under the July 2010 release, you will not be able to:

    • Change from Direct Deposit to receiving a paper check.
    • Change direct deposit information for allotments you will only be able to change direct deposit information for your Net Pay.

    Phase III - Job Aid/Reference Guide

    Direct Access II Payroll System Self Service Access

    In April 2008, the Coast Guard implemented a new automated system for paying Coast Guard and NOAA retirees, annuitants and FSPAs. This system, known as Direct Access II, uses PeopleSoft Enterprise Global Pay, a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software product. As an internet-based system, customers have the capability to use their home computers to retrieve information and manage aspects of their pay. This is called Self Service. All Self Service transactions are secure and encrypted.

    Over the next year, we will be rolling out Self Service in phases. Self Service is when customers have the capability to use their personal computers to retrieve information and manage aspects of their pay. The first phase, released January 2010, allows you will to view and print your Pay Slips and IRS Forms 1099R.

    Phase I - Job Aides and Reference Guides

    The following reference guides and presentations will help familiarize you with software applications in Phase I of the self service implementation:

    1. Changing your password, adding your email address and setting up the forgotten password reset feature
    2. Viewing & Printing Your Pay Slip
    3. Viewing & Printing Your 1099r

    Phase II - Job Aides and Reference Guides

    Please see the April 2010 issue of the Retiree Newsletter for more information on these self service applications added in April.

    1. Change Mailing Address adobe acrobat reader required
    2. Change Newsletter Delivery Option adobe acrobat reader required
    3. Change Phone Number(s) adobe acrobat reader required

    Direct Access II/Global Payroll System Update #4

    After more than two years of hard work by our developers and RAS staff, the new retired pay system went live effective April 1. Your May 1 pay was delivered from the new Global Pay (Retired) System. Every retiree and survivor annuitant was sent a payslip about May 1 with their employee ID (EMPLID) which will replace the SSN for most routine transactions. Retirees with FSPA deductions will see a change in their pay and federal tax withholding which will be explained in greater detail on your May 1 payslip. Down the road, we will be implementing additional functionality for our customers including self-service transactions, look for more updates on this web page.

    About the New Retiree/Annuitant Payslip

    Payslips are generated and mailed out whenever a retiree's, annuitant's, or FSPA's:

    • Entitlements or deductions changes from the prior month.
    • Eligibility for benefits or compensation may be affected.
    • At the beginning of each year because of cost of living adjustments.
    Pay Slip

    We've created this guide to help explain the format of the new payslip:

    Direct Access II/Global Pay Frequently Asked Questions

    Q. What is an Employee ID and why do I need it?

    A. The Employee ID is the number we use to identify each retiree/annuitant. You will use it instead of your social security number when requesting changes be made to your pay. It is also your user name for accessing Global Pay self-service.

    Q. Why is my VA amount the same as my CRDP or gross pay?

    A. There may be instances where a retiree's VA compensation (offset) can be greater than the retiree's net pay compensation or greater than retiree's pay compensation plus their CRDP/CRSC entitlement. In these situations, Direct Access II/Global Pay does not show the whole VA compensation amount. It only shows the amount that will zero out the retiree's retired pay compensation. If we include the full amount of VA compensation in these situations, the member's net pay would have a negative number, which is an invalid condition.

    Q. Why is my net pay amount more on my pay slip than what is deposited in my financial institution?

    A. The net pay amount is the accumulative total of your actual net pay and any savings allotments you have going out. If you have a savings allotment, on the Pay Statement, to the right of YOUR NET PAY, you will see two lines: one shows the amount deposited into your savings account; the other shows the amount deposited to your primary bank account (or mailed to you if you are not on direct deposit).

    Top of page

  • Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
    Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
    Last Modified 1/21/2016