Skip Navigation

Directory Assistance

Using Global Pay Self Service

The most convenient way to view your Retiree/Annuitant Payslip and manage your account is through Global Pay Self Service, our online account management system. Global Pay Self Service provides faster service, security, accessibility and reliability to all PPC (RAS) customers worldwide. With Global Pay Self Service you can:

Please visit our Global Pay information page for information for the first time user, forgotten password assistance and user guides.

The Retiree Service Guide

The "Retiree Service Guide file in pdf format" provides valuable information, including inks to countless resources about policies and services of importance to all current retirees and those planning to join their ranks. current retirees will find a map showing the location and contact information for all the newly created service-wide Retiree Services Desks.

Topics on this page:

Military Retiree Pay Dates

Military Retiree Paydays for Calendar Year 2016
Month Pay Date
January 2016 01 February
February 2016 01 March
March 2016 01 April
April 2016 29 April
May 2016 01 June
June 2016 01 July
July 2016 01 August
August 2016 01 September
September 2016 30 September
October 2016 01 November
November 2016 01 December
December 2016 30 December

Note: Retiree paydays are always on the first day of the month. If the first day of the month falls on a weekend, the pay date will move to the last business day of the payroll month.

Availability of Funds

The Department of Treasury's Financial Management Service (FMS) Kansas City Provides Payment, Collections and Financial Reporting services to the U. S. Coast Guard. FMS has recently undertaken a number of modernization efforts. One of these efforts is called Payment Application Modernization (PAM) which will help FMS process agency payment requests in a more efficient and cost effective manner.

In accordance with NACHA Operating Rules, consumer payments (i.e., Federal salary and travel payments, benefit payments) must be made available for withdrawal no later than the opening of business on the settlement date (provided the entries are made available to the Receiving Depositary Financial Institution (RDFI) by its ACH operator no later than 5:00 p.m. on the business day prior to the settlement date). Corporate payments (i.e., vendor payments, non-benefit payments) must be made available for withdrawal on the settlement date.

Address changes
Direct-Deposit Changes
Requesting a replacement IRS-1099R

(1)  If you need information or have questions about:

       Stars & Stripes Your Retired or Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) annuity payments
       Stars & Stripes Your Retired/Annuitant Statement Of Monthly Income (RASOMI)
       Stars & Stripes IRS Form 1099R (reporting taxable income) or need a replacement IRS Form 1099R

   - or you need to change:

       Stars & Stripes Your Home Mailing Address (for RASOMI,  Newsletter, 1099R)

      Stars & Stripes Start, Stop or Change an allotment
               (Use form CG-7221 Retired Allotment Authorization Form)Adobe Acrobat PDF File

Note: Please contact the plan administrator (Dental Dental) to stop/start (enroll/dis-enroll) TRICARE Retiree Dental Plan allotments.

       Stars & Stripes Your Financial Institution or account number for your Direct Deposit

You may make the requests listed above under (1) by telephone, by Fax or in writing.  Our telephone and Fax numbers are:

Toll Free: 1-800-772-8724
Commercial: 785-339-3415
Fax: 785-339-3770

You may also with the change and you will receive an RAS statement to confirm that your request has been processed.

STATE TAX REMINDER: As a reminder when moving from one state to another and updating your home mailing address, don't forget to change your state tax withholdings. The retiree must request a change for state tax as an address change does not automatically change or stop the state information that the tax is being paid to.

(2)  If you need to:

      Stars & Stripes Report a change to your Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) coverage
      Stars & Stripes Report a change to your Designation Of Beneficiary For Payment Of Unpaid Retired Pay (Note: Use form CG-3600 Designation Of Beneficiary For Payment Of Unpaid Retired Pay)Adobe Acrobat PDF File

You must make the requests listed above under (2) in writing.  You may Fax your request to 785-339-3770 or mail to:

Commanding Officer (RAS)
U. S. Coast Guard
Pay & Personnel Center
444 SE Quincy St
Topeka KS 66683-3591

(3)  If you need to:

      Stars & Stripes Start or change the amount of State Income Tax Withholding, you must provide us with a monthly dollar amount to be withheld. It has to be in even dollar increments for $10.00 or more. You cannot use standard exemptions (e. g. Married & 2 or Single & 0). Please write us at the address below (or fax to (785) 339-3770) and include the State and the amount you want withheld monthly.

STATE TAX REMINDER: As a reminder when moving from one state to another and updating your home mailing address, don't forget to change your state tax withholdings. The retiree must request a change for state tax as an address change does not automatically change or stop the state information that the tax is being paid to.

      Stars & Stripes Change your Federal Income Tax Withholding Exemptions or Additional Withholding:

     Retirees/FSPA Payees use Form IRS W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Adobe Acrobat Format). Adobe Acrobat PDF File

     Annuitants use Form IRS W-4P, Withholding Certificate for Pension or Annuity Payments (Adobe Acrobat Format). Adobe Acrobat PDF File

You may make the requests listed above under (3) by Fax or in writing. You can mail or fax your completed W-4/W-4P (for annuitants and former spouses), or State Tax Withholding form (Reminder: State tax withholding requests must be for dollar increments of $10.00 per month or more), to us. You may Fax your request to 785-339-3770 or mail to:

Commanding Officer (RAS)
U. S. Coast Guard
Pay & Personnel Center
444 SE Quincy St
Topeka KS 66683-3591


For information on medical benefits please contact your CG Health Benefits Advisor at:

CG Health Benefits Advisor
Toll Free: 1 800 942 2422

Or visit the TRICARE Web site at

TRICARE has exceptional health plans for military service members, retirees and their families. If you are a uniformed service member preparing for retirement, there are important health care issues you need to consider. The Fact Sheet, linked below, is a quick and simple guide to help you understand your medical, dental and pharmacy benefits and assist in your smooth transition. There are additional resources and Web sites listed below each chart on the Fact Sheet:

Fact Sheet:    What Happens to My TRICARE Benefit When I Retire?


For information concerning your DEERS automated file please contact your local ID card issuing office or call:

Toll Free: 1 800 538 9552
In CA: 1 800 334 4162
In AK or HI: 1 800 527 5602

To update your address only in DEERS, please Visit

This web site gives the three closest Military ID issuing facilities to a person's zip code, city, or state:

Changes to Retiree ID Renewal Rules

Homeland Security Directive 12 now requires retirees and family members seeking to renew or replace a military identification card to provide two types of ID, one of which must include a photo. A list of acceptable documents can be found in PDF format on page No. 4 of Form I-9 (see the link below to access this form):

Before visiting a military ID card issuing facility, you may want to call first to determine what specific documents may be required, and to verify the process to renew or replace an ID card. For contact information and the location of the nearest ID card issuing facility, visit the RAPIDS Site Locator website. On this website, you can search by city, state or ZIP code:

Removal of SSNs from DoD ID Cards

In response to an increasing awareness of the growing need to protect the safety of Service members and their families identity information, DoD will eliminate the Social Security Numbers (SSN) from DoD ID cards. As detailed below, these changes will go into effect in three phases, each of which will be implemented, as ID cards are issued and/or renewed. Your ID should not be rejected without a visible SSN; however, you may be asked to verbally state your own or your sponsor's SSN.

SSN Removal--3 Phases of Implementation:

Phase One:

Phase Two:

Phase Three:

SSN Reduction -- Frequently Asked Questions PDF FILE

SSN Reduction -- Brochure PDF FILE

Note: ID Cards will not be reissued or replaced until your current card expires. Existing cards remain valid until expiration. ID Cards with an INDEF expiration date displaying an SSN may be replaced by contacting a RAPIDS Site for an appointment to have a new ID issued.

Top of page

TRICARE Retiree Dental Plan


For information concerning the TRICARE Retiree Dental Plan you may call:

Toll Free Telephone Customer Service at 1 (888) 838-8737, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays, 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. PST or visit the WEB Site:

TRDP allotments starts, stops, and changes are submitted by the contractor. RAS cannot perform these services for you.

Top of page


For information concerning your final active duty pay, Leave and Earning Statement (LES), IRS Form W-2 (reporting taxable active duty wages) please contact PPC Customer Care at:

Toll Free: 1-866-772-8724
Commercial: 785-339-2200
Commanding Officer (SEP)
CG Pay & Personnel Center
444 SE Quincy St.
Topeka, KS  66683-3591

Top of page


To report the death of a Coast Guard or NOAA retiree, annuitant, or Lighthouse keeper please call or Fax PPC RAS:

Toll Free: 1 800 772 8724
Commercial: 785 339 3415
Fax: 785 339 3770

Top of page


If you are currently a member of Team Coast Guard (Active Duty or Reserve) your Servicing Personnel Office (SPO) should be able to assist you.

If you have separated or retired from the Coast Guard you need go to the National Personnel Records Center Web Site. Requests to obtain copies of DD-214's, Personnel Records, Medical & Dental Records, and Service Medals, etc. must be made to the National Personnel Records Center.  Requests may be made online by the veteran or next of kin of a deceased, former member of the military. If you are not the veteran or next of kin, you must complete Standard Form 180 (SF 180) to request copies of records. Send the completed form to:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
Tel: 314-801-0800

If you separated from the service and plan on filing a claim for medical benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), you do not need to request a copy of your military records from the NPRC. They will provide the original health records when requested by the VA after the claim is filed.

Top of page


Earnings for active duty military service or active duty training have been covered under Social Security since 1957. Social Security has covered inactive duty service in the armed forces reserves (such as weekend drills) since 1988. If you served in the military before 1957, you did not pay Social Security taxes, but the Social Security Administration gave you special credit for some of your service.

Under certain circumstances, special earnings can be credited for Social Security purposes. The extra earnings are for periods of active duty or active duty for training. These extra earnings may help you qualify for Social Security or increase the amount of your Social Security benefit. Social Security will add these extra earnings to your earnings record when you file for benefits. The SSA has prepared Military Service And Social SecurityAdobe Acrobat PDF File, which provides more information about your benefits.

For Information concerning your social security benefits please contact your local social security office, or call:

Toll Free: 1-800-772-1213

Visit the Social Security web site at

Top of page


For information concerning VA benefits please contact your local VA office or call:

General: Toll Free: 1-800-827-1000
Insurance: Toll Free: 1-800 669-8477
Headstones: Toll Free: 1-800-697-6947

Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents is a handbook describing benefits provided by the VA and an overview of programs and services for veterans provided by other federal agencies.

[Top of Page]


For information about renewal options for VGLI coverage costs please contact:

213 Washington St.
Newark, NJ   07102
Toll Free: 1-800-419-1473

You may also obtain information from their web site:

Top of page


Upon request, the President and the First Lady will send special greeting cards recognizing citizens' 80th and subsequent birthdays, 50th and subsequent wedding anniversaries, and congratulatory wedding announcements. Requests should be forwarded to:


The requests should be submitted at least six weeks in advance of the significant date and should include:

    Stars & Stripes Full name of honoree(s)
    Stars & Stripes Desired form of address
    Stars & Stripes Complete date of birth or marriage
    Stars & Stripes Mailing address and Zip Code.

If applicable please include name and address of person to receive the card in lieu of honoree(s), if presentation will be at a dinner, party, or celebration.

Top of page

Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 2/18/2016