Chief Petty Officer Academy billets are Special Duty Assignments, subject to the requirements described in Chapter 4.E. of the Coast Guard Personnel Manual, COMDTINST M1000.8.
Additional criteria outlined in annual solicitation messages generally include the following:
- Genuine interest in self-development
- Genuine interest in development of the Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Corps
- Able and willing to obligate to the billet for three years
- Outstanding military appearance
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and public speaking
- The highest standards of personal integrity, honor, respect and devotion to duty
- Financial responsibility
- Graduate of the Chief Petty Officer Academy or other DoD senior enlisted academy
Candidates must strictly adhere to the requirements issued in CPO Academy staff solicitation messages. Additionally, those who desire to be considered are encouraged to directly contact William Lindsay at (707) 765-7111.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016