Lake Recreation Area and Camping
The Lake Recreation Area is located at the southeast end of the Training Center Petaluma off Pennsylvania Ave. The area includes:
- A 5-Acre Lake (No Swimming; Fishing-Catch & Release Only)
- Picnic & Barbeque Areas
- Walking Paths
- Canoes and Kayaks (Cannot be taken off base)
- Horseshoes and Volleyball Areas
- 6 Hook-Up RV Sites
- Tent Camping Sites
RV Site and Tent Camping Information:
- The six RV sites are 50' cement pads with hookups for electricity (30amps), water, WiFi, and cable TV.
- Tent camping is permitted around the lake area.
- Restrooms are available across from the site at the Community/Teen Center.
- Shower facilities are available at the Tracen Gym.
- Each site has a fire pit/grill and a wheel chair accessible picnic table. Note, that open fires are NOT permitted except for those from grills or camp stoves.
- A sewage dump station is available on base (on the right side of Colorado just pass Wisconsin).
- Pets are allowed, but must be kept on a leash and cleaned up after continuously.
Authorized military ID card holders can make reservations up to 90 days in advance. The RV fee is $20.00 per night, tent camping is $6.00 per night. Guests rates (anyone needing to be sponsored aboard Tracen Petaluma) are $40.00 per night for RVís, $12.00 per night for tent camping. Stays are limited to a maximum of 2 weeks at any one time and to 45 days within a one year period. Check in/out time is 1300.
Campers must check in at the MWR Customer Service Desk located in the Library next to the Two Rock Coffee Company. The Customer Service Desk is open Monday - Friday from 0800-1900, Saturday and Sunday from 1100-1700.
For more information or reservations, please call 707-765-7580 or 707-765-7341