You MUST submit a complete application to NMC 2 Training and Assessment Division for consideration for an Approvals from the National Maritime Center.
The mariner training provider is required to complete a "Site Approval Request" form which is listed below and submit their request to the National Maritime Center:
Site Approval Requirements
The Coast Guard considers a suitable training facility an important component in providing quality training. 46 CFR, 11.301 to 303 requires that each school with an approved course must have the following:
- A well maintained facility that accommodates the students in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to learning
- A suitable, shore-based, training room in which the student is provided an atmosphere conducive to learning
These guidelines are recommendations. When a training facility does not meet site acceptance guidelines, the provider must present substantiating documentation supporting their contention that the site is suitable for the training offered.
Site Approval Instructions
Please follow these instructions:
Step 1: Complete the Site Approval Request Guide.
Step 2: Include the following attachments:
- One drawing of the classroom with dimensions (width and length) with teacher island.
- Two pictures of the classroom (front to rear and rear to front). Save the pictures as jpeg.
- One picture of the exterior building (front). Save the picture as jpeg.
Step 3: E-mail guide with attachments
Sample Drawings & Pictures