You MUST submit a complete application to NMC 2 Training and Assessment Division for consideration for an new courses.
The mariner training provider requires you to complete a "Site Approval Request" form which is listed. Furthermore, please view the tabs below for detail instructions.
* All new courses must go through NMC 2.
Site Approval Requirements
The Coast Guard considers a suitable training facility an important component in providing quality training. 46 CFR, 11.301 to 303 requires that each school with an approved course must have the following:
- A well maintained facility that accommodates the students in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to learning
- A suitable, shore-based, training room in which the student is provided an atmosphere conducive to learning
These guidelines are recommendations. When a training facility does not meet site acceptance guidelines, the provider must present substantiating documentation supporting their contention that the site is suitable for the training offered.
Disclaimer: You may submit Site Approvals through NMC 1 if the course has all ready been approved. If it is a new course you MUST submit through NMC 2.
Site Approval Instructions
Please follow these instructions:
Step 1: Complete the Site Approval Request Guide.
Step 2: Include the following attachments:
- One drawing of the classroom with dimensions (width and length) with teacher island.
- Two pictures of the classroom (front to rear and rear to front). Save the pictures as jpeg.
- One picture of the exterior building (front). Save the picture as jpeg.
Step 3: E-mail guide with attachments
Sample Drawings & Pictures