Skip to content


Complete applications for mariner credentials must be submitted through a Regional Exam Center or Monitoring Unit. Complete applications are accepted electronically, by mail, fax, or in person with an appointment.

Schedule an Appointment. This link opens in a new window.
  Contact the NMC

Appointments: We highly recommend that you schedule an appointment before coming to a Regional Exam Center. Walk-Ins for applications will be handled on a "Space Available" basis only. Exams are by Appointment only.

Memphis Regional Exam Center

Hours of Operation:

***Closed all Federal Holidays***

Regional Exam Center: 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday
Exam Room: 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday

Exam Scheduling: ALL Mariners are required to schedule their exams 3 working days prior to visiting a Regional Exam Center.

Exam Rules: Exams must be completed within the week started and on consecutive days. For those taking more than one module, a minimum of two modules per day is required. If applicable, mariners must bring plotting tools.

Building Access: Follow Federal Building Regulations

Parking: Parking meters are along the surrounding streets. Both street level parking lots and parking garages are available in the vicinity of the REC for a fee. The street level lots along Jefferson Avenue to the east of the building tend to be the least expensive.


Local Restrictions:

Memphis, Tennessee

Google Directions. This link opens in a new window.

Memphis REC building photo

200 Jefferson Ave.
Suite 1301
Memphis, TN 38103

Phone: 1-(888) 427-5662

Fax: 1-(901) 544-3372


Will be closing at noon on Wednesday 26, November 2014 and will reopen Friday 28, 2014. REC Memphis closing at Noon on Thursday 18 December.

Regional Exam Centers (REC) pre-screen applications, administer examinations, conduct oversight of Coast Guard approved courses, and support community outreach programs. It is important that you provide the Regional Exam Center with a complete application package to avoid delays.

You MUST have a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) before applying for a credential.

Regional Exam Centers

Click to veiw REC Video