NMC Logo Record Request Questions Coast Guard logo image


Helpful Information


1.Does the National Maritime Center (NMC) process requests for Coast Guard Military Service Records?
No. Requests for Military Personnel Records need to be made through the National Personnel Records Center.


* For more information please visit our Records Request page.


2. How long does it take to receive a copy of a mariner’s record once it is requested?
The NMC makes every attempt to respond to record requests in less than 30 days. However, because the NMC does not have the storage capacity to house merchant mariner service records, some records must be requested from other storage facilities. Requests received by the NMC are processed in the order they are received.

Contact Us

faq_imageIn order to request a record from the National Maritime Center you will need to provide your contact information. The e-mail form below will allow you to select many different records.

Click here to send an e-mail for further information.