Charleston, South Carolina
The Maritime Law Enforcement Academy (MLEA) will continue to be the premier provider for all Federal Maritime Law Enforcement Training.
MLEA will prepare and support personnel in the execution of the Coast Guard’s Maritime Security and Safety mission areas. We will ensure that all training delivered is relevant and aligned to Commandant policies and standards. Additionally, we will deliver training to our international and interagency partners to develop and foster closer law enforcement and security relations around the world.
Be responsive, relevant, and maintain training system integrity while providing a positive work environment that allows one to develop and grow their professional and personal skills.
1. Continuously engage CG Program Managers in DCO/OPCOM & FORCECOM to:
- Identify law enforcement and security performance needs and training deficiencies.
- Actively participate in the development of all law enforcement policy, tactics, techniques and procedures.
2. Provide performance and training support to field commanders through:
- Identification of trends from all CLEAR/TRATEAM visits.
- Continuous evaluation of all web/computer based training products.
- Facilitation of information flow and results between field units and program managers through Level III data/trends.
3. Utilize accepted training community practices and criteria established by the Office of Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA)
- Attain and maintain accreditation status for eight courses and the Academy.
- Incorporate state of the art human performance technology and instructional design practices in the development and management of all courses, instructor and training materials.
4. Cultivate a Positive Workplace Environment
- Develop and maintain a safe and positive workplace where every individual is fully embraced, continuously challenged and promptly recognized for their contributions and professionalism.
Motto: Safe, Legal and Professional