On 14 April 2010 the very first ME “A” school in Coast Guard history graduated. View the Graduation.
The scope of the Maritime Enforcement Specialist "A' School is to train qualified Coast Guard personnel to provide security and law enforcement support for United States Coast Guard missions to include: Leadership, Physical Fitness, Communications, Safety, Rate Training and Administration, Security, Maritime Law Enforcement, tactical Operations, Port Readiness, Weapons Familiarization and Qualification, Ports Waterways and Coastal Security, Anti-Terrorism and Force Protection. To ensure compliance with standards indicated in the terminal performance objectives, students will be evaluated during role-plays, labs, scenarios, practical and written exams.
Forty-seven training days over 9.3 weeks.
- Law Enforcement
- Weapons Proficiency
- Physical Fitness
- Training and Administration
- Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection
- Minimum ASVAB score: VE + AR = 100
- Eligible for a secret clearance. Commands must certify that the member is a
U. S. citizen and has an approved NACLC security package on file.
- Normal color perception in accordance with the Medical Manual, COMDTINST M6000.1(series).
- Member is within maximum allowable weight in accordance with Allowable Weight Standards for Coast Guard Military Personnel, COMDTINST M1020.8 (series).
- Eligible to possess a firearm (Lautenberg Amendment Compliance - DD 2760) in accordance with COMDTINST 10100.1(series).
- A valid state drivers license.
- 24 months of obligated service from date of graduation.
Route a Special Request Authorization (chit) through your chain of command. For more information please visit the USCG Personnel Service Center Non-Rate / A-School Assignments web site.
Class Designation Report Date Convening Date Graduation Date ME A 301 01/02/2013 01/03/2013 03/12/2013 ME A 302 01/31/2013 02/01/2013 04/09/2013 ME A 302A 03/03/2013 03/04/2013 05/07/2013 ME A 303 03/31/2013 04/01/2013 06/05/2013 ME A 304 04/28/2013 04/29/2013 07/03/2013 ME A 305 06/24/2013 06/25/2031 08/29/2013 ME A 306 07/23/2013 07/24/2013 09/27/2013 ME A 307 09/18/2013 09/19/2013 11/26/2013
Please visit the MLE Academy Contact web page for contact information.
Please use the This Check Sheet when packing your sea bag for ME A school.
Please see the Travel and Check In page for information on transportation and directions.