February 26, 2014 - Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt introduces Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp at the 2014 State of the Coast Guard Address at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C. All Coast Guard active duty, reserve and auxiliary members are required to watch and discuss the address in the upcoming month.
February 24, 2014
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt talks leadership principles with Command Chief Master Sgt. Todd Small, Allied Command Operations Senior Enlisted Leader, at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C. CMSgt Small is responsible for mentoring the Alliance’s enlisted force and representing their needs to NATO leadership. His responsibilities also include enlisted force professional development and standardization of Alliance policies.
January 30, 2014 - Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt travels with Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp to honor Petty Officer 3rd Class Travis R. Obendorf at a memorial service on Coast Guard Island in Alameda, Calif. Petty Officer Obendorf died Dec. 18 as a result of injuries he sustained during search and rescue operations near Amak Island, Alaska, while serving aboard Coast Guard Cutter Waesche.
January 28, 2014
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt travels with Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp to attend the Coast Guard Cutter BLACKTHORN memorial ceremony. The sinking of the CGC BLACKTHORN 34 years ago, where 23 Coast Guardsmen lost their lives, marks the Coast Guard's
worst peacetime disaster. For more info on the story, click
January 16, 2014
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt joins Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy Mike Stevens in a talk about defining the future force at the 26th Annual Surface Naval Association National Symposium in Arlington, Va.
January 9, 2014
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt travels with Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp to the Naval War College in Newport, R.I.
January 7, 2014
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt travels with Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp to meet with Mayor Daryl Finizio of New London, Conn., and members from the National Coast Guard Museum Association.
December 16-18, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt travels to the Pentagon in Arlington, Va., to participate in the Defense Senior Enlisted Leader's Conference, an event where senior enlisted leaders from all branches of the military discuss common workforce, operations, and budget issues. During the conference, 18th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin E. Dempsey joined Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman Sgt. Maj. Bryan B. Battaglia in the roll out of the first of its kind Noncommissioned Officer and Petty Officer Book, titled, "The Noncommissioned Officer and Petty Officer: Backbone of the Armed Forces." Written of, for and by the noncommissioned officer and petty officer, the book is a comprehensive explanation of the enlisted leader across the United States Armed Forces. Written by a team of Active, Reserve, and retired senior enlisted leaders from all Service branches, this book defines and describes how NCOs/POs fit into an organization, centers them in the Profession of Arms, exposes their international engagement, and explains their dual roles of complementing the officer and enabling the force. To download the book, visit
December 13, 2013 - Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt joins Commandant of the Coast Guard Adm. Bob Papp in thanking the Coast Guard men and women who helped earn the Coast Guard a "clean" finanical audit. The Coast Guard announced the 2013 audited DHS annual financial report results, Dec. 13, 2013, and for the first time the Coast Guard and the Department of Homeland Security have received a clean, unqualified audit opinion. This is a significant milestone for the Coast Guard. A clean opinion indicates that an independent auditor has reviewed the financial statements and found them to be in full compliance with applicable laws and accounting standards. The Coast Guard is the first armed service to accomplish the achievement. The Coast Guard accounts for almost half of the asset value and one quarter of the annual obligations and financial statement activity in the consolidated DHS financial statements. The wide range of missions, complex business activities, and the age and quantity of Coast Guard property makes the task of producing auditable financial statements a significant challenge.
December 11, 2013 - Commandant of the Coast Guard Adm. Bob Papp, Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt and their wives offer happy holidays to the men and women of the U.S. Coast Guard.
November 9, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt and Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp grab a picture with Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Micheal Barrett during the 2013 Marine Corps' Ball in National Harbor, Md. The event celebrated the 238th birthday of the United States Marine Corps
October 30, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt talks with National Capitol Region prospective chief petty officers going through Chiefs Call to Indoctrination in Washington, D.C. The discussion revolved around defining leadership, building command climate, and succeeding as a senior enlisted leader.
October 29, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attends the 5th Annual Scouting Salutes the Military Award Ceremony in Washington, D.C. The event recognizes enlisted service members who have scouting in their background and have displayed exceptional meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding service, heroic deeds and/or valorous actions. This year's Coast Guard honoree was Petty Officer Second Class Chad Lyman from Base National Capitol Region.
For more information, visit
October 25, 2013
- Vice Commandant of the Coast Guard Vice Admiral John P. Currier and Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attend the 2013 USO Gala honoring representatives from each branch of the armed forces for their extraordinary bravery, loyalty and heroism. This year's Coast Guard honoree was Petty Officer 3rd Class Samuel A. Peikert from Tactical Law Enforcement Team South in Opa Locka,
Fla. For more photos of the event, go to http://www.uso.org/gala/photo-gallery/
October 15, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attends U.S. Army Captain William D. Swenson's Medal of Honor award ceremony at the White House in Washington, D.C. Swenson earned the Medal of Honor while serving as an embedded advisor to the Afghan National Border Police while in Kunar Province, Afghanistan, on September 8, 2009. For more information on this extraordinary soldier, visit
October 7, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt answers questions at a rating force master chief summit in Washington, D.C. Questions ranged from the future of pay and entitlements to what a successful assignment process looks like. Rating force master chiefs advocate for their job specialty and manage the structure of the workforce.
September 26, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attends the 2013 Women's Leadership Forum held at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The forum, sponsored by Coast Guard Office of Diversity and the Sea Services Leadership Association, covered topics ranging from women in command to sexual assault prevention and response. For more information about gender diversity in the Coast Guard, visit
September 25, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt, Mrs. Debbie Leavitt
and retired Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Vince Patton attend the 2013 AFCEA International Honors Dinner in Washington, D.C., Sept. 25, 2013. AFCEA is a non-profit organization that provides a forum for exchanging information technology, communications and electronics for the defense, homeland security and intelligence communities.
September 18, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attends the 2013 Lone Sailor Awards Dinner in Washington, D.C. Former Coast Guardsman and CNN Founder Ted Turner was honored as an award winner this year.
Click here for more information.
September 16, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt travels to Andrews AFB, M.D., to speak at the first-ever Coast Guard Sexual Assault Summit.
Click here to read his
For more information about the Coast Guard Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program (SAPR) visit
September 12, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attends the
No Greater Sacrifice Freedom Award
ceremony in Washington, D.C., where retired Sergeant Major of the United States Marine Corps Carlton Kent was honored.
September 11, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attends an observance ceremony at the Pentagon Memorial in Arlington, Va., to honor those killed in the 2001 terrorist attack at the Pentagon. The President of the United States Barack Obama, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin E. Dempsey spoke at the event.
August 13, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt travels with Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp to Sector Houston, TX, to hold an All Hands and visit the local units.
July 29, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attends the Department of Homeland Security
ribbon cutting ceremony at the new Coast Guard Headquarters building in Washington, D.C.
July 24, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt visits Station Montauk, N.Y., and
Coast Guard Cutter Ridley
to discuss local and national issues with unit members.
July 23, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt visits
Sector Field Office Moriches
, N.Y., to discuss local and national issues with unit members.
July 22, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt visits
, N.Y., and Marine Safety Detachment Coram, N.Y., to talk with unit members about high-year tenure, advancement, personnel issues, etc.
July 19-20, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attends
Coast Guard Yellow Ribbon Program
event in Boston in support of Port Security Unit 301. During the event, MCPOCG Leavitt and Coast Guard Reserve Force Master Chief Mark Allen advance Captain Karl Leonard to Honorary Chief. Serving as the Coast Guard Yellow Ribbon Program Manager, Captain Leonard personally planned and built the Coast Guard Yellow Ribbon Program in response to the original Congressional mandate. His outstanding service significantly enhanced the lives of the Coast Guard enlisted force and their families, earning him the distinction of Honorary Chief. The Coast Guard Yellow Ribbon program assists Reservists and Guardsmen of the Coast Guard and DoD during deployment periods. The pre-, during, and post-deployment events provide Coast Guard Reservists and their families with resources and services to assist them in preparing for deployment (usually overseas); in assisting the families during deployment; and in guiding them after deployment to successfully reintegrating with their families, civilian jobs, and American culture.
July 18, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt visits
Station Boothbay Harbor,
M.E., Station Portsmouth Harbor, N.H., and Marine Safety Detachment Portsmouth, N.H., for unit tours and to hold All Hands with the crews.
July 17, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt visits Station Rockland, M.E.,
Cutter Abbie Burgess
, Cutter Thunder Bay and Cutter Tackle for unit tours and to hold All Hands with the crews.
July 15, 2013 - Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt visits Station Eastport, M.E., Station Jonesport, M.E., and Coast Guard Cutter Moray for unit tours and to hold All Hands with the crews.
June 19, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt speaks at the Fleet Reserve Association Coast Guard Caucus Breakfast in Washington, D.C., at the Rayburn House building. The
represents the interests of the enlisted members of the Navy, Marines and Coast Guard.
June 18, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt represents the enlisted workforce at the 2013 National Capitol Region All-Flags/SES Conference in Washington, D.C.
June 7, 2013
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt congratulates Master Chief Petty Officer Louis Kitchin, Seventh Coast Guard District command master chief, on his retirement at Coast Guard Station Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Kitchin is a native of the Commonwealth of Virginia and enlisted in the Coast Guard in May 1980.
June 5, 2013
- Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp and Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Michael P. Leavitt attended the Coast Guard Foundation's 9th Annual Capital Tribute Dinner in National Harbor, Md. The dinner honored Coast Guard personnel and Coast Guard Foundation Scholarship winners. The Coast Guard Foundation is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of Coast Guardsmen and their families.
May 16, 2013
- President Barack Obama meets with Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the service secretaries, service chiefs, and senior enlisted advisors to discuss sexual assault in the military, in the Cabinet Room of the White House.
May 15-16, 2013
- MCPOCG travels to LANTAREA for a flag officer conference and ALL Hands with local units.
May 2, 2013
- MCPOCG travels to the Pentagon to meet with Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and other Senior Enlisted Advisors. Hagel used the first meeting with the group to listen to their concerns and challenges each service faces.
April 29, 2013
- MCPOCG attends the 2012 GEICO Military Service Award Ceremony in Arlington, Va., to support the Coast Guard winner: AST1 Claude Morrissey.
April 25-26, 2013
- MCPOCG travels to Alameda, Calif., for the Pacific Area All-Flags, All-Hands and Coast Guard Foundation Awards Dinner.
April 24, 2013
- MCPOCG speaks at the Major Cutters Commanding Officers' Workshop at Joint Base Andrews, Md.
April 20, 2013
- MCPOCG attends the Low Country Chiefs Mess Chiefs Call to Indoctrination Dinner in Charleston, S.C.
April 18, 2013
- MCPOCG visits Coast Guard Sector North Carolina units at Fort Macon, N.C., including: USCGC Elm, Electronics Support
Detachment (ESD)and Maintenance Augmentation Team (MAT) Team Fort Macon. MCPOCG also visited the Coast Guard Special Missions Training Center (SMTC) in Camp Lejeune, N.C.
April 16, 2013
- MCPOCG accompanies Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp to testify before the United States House of Representatives Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation (CG&MT) Subcommittee concerning the Coast Guard's proposed FY14 budget
in Washington, D.C. ****Click here
to watch the hearing.***
April 11, 2013
- MCPOCG attends the 2013 Military Child of the Year Award Gala Dinner in Arlington, Va. Amanda Wimmersberg
is this year’s Coast Guard recipient of Operation Homefront’s Military Child of the Year.
April 9, 2013
- MCPOCG joins Force Master
Chief Nancy Hollingsworth from the U.S. Navy and Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps
Michael P. Barrett in a Senior Enlisted Leaders Roundtable at the 2013 Sea-Air-Space Expo in National Harbor, Md.
to listen to the talk.****
April 3, 2013
- MCPOCG speaks at a National Capital Region Chiefs Call about sexual assault awareness month and the need for intrusive, deck plate leadership. April 3rd was also "SDB" Day, where all
chiefs, senior chiefs and master chiefs wore their dress uniform in a show of support
for preventing sexual assault.
March 20, 2013
- MCPOCG speaks about the history and leadership lessons of Hopley Yeaton at the 2013 Hopley Yeaton Commissioning Day Celebration in Washington, D.C.
Click here to read the speech.
March 19, 2013
- MCPOCG attends the 2013 Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) Honor Guard Gala in Washington, D.C. TAPS provides immediate and long-term emotional help, hope, and healing to all who are grieving the death of a loved one in military service to America.
March 14, 2013
- MCPOCG attends the swearing in ceremony for Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel at the Pentagon, then supports Petty Officer 2nd class Randy Haba, who received the USO Special Salute Recognition Award, at the USO -Metro Award's Dinner in Arlington, Va.
March 1, 2013 - MCPOCG travels to Air Station Mobile, Ala., for the memorial dedication for the crew of 6535 and a rededication of the 1427 memorial.
February 27, 2013
- MCPOCG speaks at the 2013 State of the Coast Guard address at Ft. McNair in Washington Feb. 27, 2013.
February 22, 2013
- MCPOCG travels to Station Atlantic City and helps recognize BM3 Paul Lee as the unit's Sailor of the Quarter.
February 20, 2013
- MCPOCG travels to Training Center Cape May, N.J., visits recruits, talks with units and spars a company commander using pugil sticks.
February 11, 2013 - MCPOCG travels to the White House to celebrate U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Clinton L. Romesha's presentation of the Medal of Honor in Washington, D.C.
February 5, 2013 - MCPOCG speaks at the Aviation Commanding Officer's Conference in Arlington, Va.
January 30, 2013 - MCPOCG attends Sector Commanding Officer Conference with Adm. Bob Papp, Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, in Leesburg, Va.
January 21, 2013 - MCPOCG co-hosts the 57th Presidential Inauguration Commander-in-Chief's Ball in Washington, D.C.
January 18, 2013
- MCPOCG visits command senior enlisted leaders during their final day at the National Defense University's Keystone Course in Washington, D.C.
January 16, 2013
- MCPOCG visits with members of the Coast Guard Recruiting Command in Arlington, Va., to speak about the status of the service and what can be expected in the near future.
December 10, 2012
- MCPOCG hosts party for local Coast Guard Enlisted Association members in Arlington, Va.
December 6, 2012
- MCPOCG visits the crew of Air Station Port Angeles and tries his hand at the remote operated small arms mount simulator at MFPU-Bangor.
December 5, 2012
- MCPOCG visits the crew of Station Quillayute River.
November 21, 2012
- MCPOCG traveled to PATFORSWA to celebrate Thanksgiving with the troops.
November 16, 2012
- MCPOCG attended Sector St. Petersburg, Fla., CCTI dinner events.
November 10, 2012
- MCPOCG visited Sector New York after Hurricane Sandy.
October 20, 2012
- MCPOCG conducted All Hands at Guantanamo Bay Naval Station.
October 19, 2012
- MCPOCG visited Sector San Juan..
October 18, 2012
- MCPOCG passed on Words of Wisdom in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.
October 11, 2012
- MCPOCG visited Sector New York units.
October 4, 2012
- MCPOCG attended the 2012 Association for Rescue At Sea Awards in the Rayburn House Office Building in Washington.
October 1, 2012
- NCR PCPOs going through the 2012 Fall CCTI met with the MCPOCG at Coast Guard Headquarters.
September 27, 2012
- MCPOCG made remarks at the ceremony honoring Signalman First Class Douglas Munro at Coast Guard Headquarters, Washington, DC. Read Remarks
September 24 - 25, 2012
- MCPOCG conducted All Hands visits on the Eastern Shore.
September 17 - 21, 2012 - MCPOCG completed unit visits in the Tidewater area and spoke at the Surface Naval Association Luncheon in Hampton Roads, VA.
September 12, 2012
- MCPOCG meets with employees of Veteran's Affairs in Washington, DC as they prepare to attend a Coast Guard/Veterans Affairs Team Building event at Coast Guard Headquarters.
September 8, 2012
- Participated in the Civil War Century Ride.
August 16-17, 2012 - Traveled with Commandant to Cape May, NJ
August 14, 2012 - Spoke to Enlisted Assignment Officers at their annual Assignment Officer Training Course at TISCOM, Alexandria, VA.
August 13, 2012 - Navy Recruit Training Command visit with U.S. Navy Senior Enlisted Leadership.
August 10, 2012 - Attended Aleethia Foundation sponsored Wounded Warrior Dinner.
August 4, 2012 - Attended the Coast Guard Day Picnic at TISCOM, Alexandria, VA.
August 4, 2012 - Commandant's and MCPOCG's Coast Guard birthday message.
August 2, 2012 - Visited with the Navy Senior Enlisted Leader Course in New Port, RI.
August 1, 2012 - Visited with the Senior Enlisted Leadership Course and Boat Forces Command Cadre School students at the Coast Guard Academy.
July 28, 2012
- Attended CMC Kyle Takajian's Retirement Ceremony in Cape Cod, MA.
July 24, 2012
- Visited Coast Guard Air Station San Francisco.
July 18, 2012
- Toured newly remodeled housing at Cape Disappointment and visited with the unit.
June 18, 2012
- Visited with the Senior Enlisted Leadership Course and Boat Forces Command Cadre School students at the Coast Guard Academy.
June 18, 2012
- Opened the 2012 Career Retention Screening Panel kick-off.
June 12, 2012
- Attended the Coast Guard Foundation Dinner in Washington, DC.
May 31, 2012 - Visited with TISCOM and the Coast Guard Honor Guard.
May 28, 2012 - Dined at the White House with the President and Mrs. Obama in honor of Gold Star families. Attended 144th Memorial Day Observance at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery. Finished up the day at the 50th Vietnam War Anniversary at the National Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
May 22, 2012
- Met with the National Capital Region chapter of the Coast Guard Enlisted Association at Coast Guard Headquarters.
May 18, 2012 - Attended Vice Commandant Change of Watch ceremony.
May 16, 2012
- Attended Coast Guard Academy graduation.
May 8, 2012
- Attended Senior Executive Leadership meeting at Bolling Air Force Base.
May 4, 2012 - Traveled to Training Center Cape May for a Recruit Training Board of Advisors meeting.
April 20, 2012
- Attended Change of Command at Coast Guard Station Point Allerton.
April 14, 2012
- Spoke at commissioning for the first FRC CGC BERNARD C. WEBBER in Miami.
April 13, 2012
- Attended Arctic Conference at the Coast Guard Academy.
March 31, 2012
- Attended CGC DOROTHY STRATTON commissioning in Alameda, CA.
March 28, 2012
- Re-enlisted Petty Officer First Class Kasey Aldrich in Washington, DC.
March 23, 2012
- Attended National Capital Region Enlisted Person of the Year ceremony.
March 22, 2012
- Testified with DoD senior enlisted leaders before the House Armed Services Committee.
March 8, 2012
– Spoke at a memorial service for the crew of CG-6535.
March 6, 2012
– Met with attendees of the Joint Women's Leadership Symposium in Washington.
March 1, 2012
– Traveled to New Orleans to attend the FRC fleet dedication ceremony.
February 29, 2012
– Attended "A Nation's Gratitude: Honoring the U.S. Troops of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn" dinner at the White House along with three Coast Guard heroes.
February 29, 2012
– Attended the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" repeal awards ceremony at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington.
February 23, 2012
- Introduced the Commandant during the State of the Coast Guard address at Coast Guard Base Alameda and held a Chiefs Call.
February 11, 2012
- Visited units in D9 including Airstation Detroit, Sector Detroit, USCGC BRISTOL BAY, Station/ANT Saginaw River for an ice rescue demonstration, and finally on to Station Harbor Beach.
January 12, 2012
- Spoke at National Capital Region Chiefs Call.
Accompanied the Commandant to the 24th Annual Surface Navy Association Symposium in Arlington, Va.
January 9, 2012
- Visited Coast Guard Station Annapolis.
January 6, 2012
- Attended Commandant's address at the Naval War College in Newport, RI.
January 3, 2012
- Launched the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard National Capital Region 90-Day Fitness Challenge at Coast Guard Headquarters.
December 9, 2011
- Observed 45-foot Response Boat-Medium heavy weather training at Station Honolulu. Met with Oahu-based Coast Guardsmen during my visit to Honolulu.
November 20, 2011 - Returned home from London after a week of international travel with the Commandant.
November 18, 2011 - Visited with FLTCM Roy Maddocks, Jr., EUCOM Senior Enlisted Advisor, and met with Coast Guard AFRICOM members in Stuttgart, Germany.
November 14, 2011
- Toured NAVEUR facilities with Fleet Master Chief Bradley LeVault, senior enlisted leader to Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe, Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Africa during a visit to Naples, Italy.
November 11, 2011
- Participated in Veteran's Day wreath laying ceremony at the Coast Guard Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery.
November 5, 2011
- Flags Across America event at Arlington National Cemetery.
November 4, 2011
- Attended Commandant's Ball in Alexandria, VA.
October 28, 2011
- Attended the SELC and the Coast Guard's Innovation Expo in Tampa.
October 19, 2011
- Visited Air Station Savannah.
October 7, 2011 - Attended Board of Advisors meeting at Training Center Cape May.
September 28, 2011
- D13 Unit Visits
September 12, 2011 - Attended SPO Conference in Topeka, KS.
September 7, 2011 - Visited Air Station Elizabeth City following in the wake of Hurricane Irene.
August 4, 2011
- Visited units in Miami and the Florida Keys.
July 19, 2011
– Administered reenlistment oath for staff member at Headquarters.
July 17, 2011 - Attended the Senior Enlisted Reserve Call in Denver, CO.
July 15, 2011
- DCMS CMC Kevin Isherwood represented MCPOCG Leavitt at the 2011 NCOA Convention Senior Enlisted Panel Forum in Las Vegas, NV. Click here
to read a briefing from the forum.
July 13, 2011
- Toured Station Cape Disappointment, OR with the Commandant and received an aerial area familiarization flight from Coast Guard Air Station Astoria.
July 12, 2011
- Medal of Honor Ceremony, hosted by President Obama, for Army Sergeant First Class Leroy Petry. SFC Petry is the second living Medal of Honor recipient to have earned the award for service during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. SFC Petry, an Army Ranger, was honored for his actions during a deployment to Afghanistan in 2008.
June 29, 2011
- Joining Forces: Launching the Military Spouse Employment Partnership in Washington, DC.
June 24, 2011
- Visited Training Center Petaluma and met with different "A" and "C" School classes and spoke at the Chiefs Academy Class 178 graduation.
June 3, 2011 - Defense Senior Enlisted Leaders Conference at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, DC.
May 30, 2011 - Breakfast at the White House with the President and First Lady in honor of Gold Star Families.
May 27, 2011 - Held Active and Reserve Component Enlisted Person of the Year Ceremony in Washington, DC. Families were in attendance as both Petty Officers were meritoriously advanced.
May 25, 2011 - Met with Congressman LoBiondo in Washington, DC, to discuss housing issues.
May 24, 2011 - Attended Board of Advisors meeting at Training Center Cape May, NJ.
May 23, 2011
- Held an all hands meeting at Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City, NJ.
May 17, 2011 - Attended Wounded Warrior Games in Denver, CO.
May 13, 2011
- Accompanied the Commandant to the National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Candlelight Vigil which honors law enforcement officers who have given their lives in the line of duty.
May 13, 2011 - Attended the 32nd Annual All Service E-9 Golf Tournament sponsored by the Navy League of the United States and honoring the Coast Guard this year.
May 6, 2011
- Attended Association of Naval Service Officers (ANSO) Conference with the Commandant in San Antonio, TX.
May 5, 2011
- Military Spouse of the Year Award ceremony in Washington, DC, sponsored by Armed Forces Insurance.
May 5, 2011
- Return visit to Maritime Security Response Team (MSRT) in Chesapeake, VA with Admiral Papp.
April 29, 2011
- Visited with Sector/Base San Pedro, CA and delivered Los Angeles area Chiefs Mess CCTI address.
April 28, 2011 - Attended DoD/USDA Family Resilience Conference in Chicago, IL.
April 20, 2011
- Attended Leadership Council meeting at Coast Guard Headquarters.
April 18, 2011
- Met Petty Officer Michael James and his wife Raquel, the 2010 GEICO Military Award Winner.
April 17, 2011
- It was a distinct honor and privilege to ride with Team Coast Guard 1790 for Face of America this year from Washington, DC to Gettysburg. The conditions were challenging, but they were nothing compared to the challenges our wounded warriors face on a daily basis.
March 27, 2011 - Visited with recruits at Cape May and attended Recruit Company N-184 graduation.
March 16, 2011
- Attended the 2011 Joint Women's Leadership Symposium in San Diego
March 10, 2011
- Visited with various Coast Guard units in Puerto Rico.
March 1, 2011
- Gave testimony on housing at Congressional hearing before the Subcommittee of the Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation.
February 23, 2011 - Traveled to Boise, Id and visited the local Coast Guard recruiting office. Addressed hometown high school in Fruitland, Id. And spoke to local VFW.
February 10, 2011
- Introduced ADM Papp at State of the Coast Guard Address in Washington D.C.
January 19, 2011 - Attended Professional Housing Management Association Seminar in New Orleans.
December 12, 2010
- D17 Visit
We started the week at the Senior's dinner in Juneau, and moved on to units throughout Alaska; ending with CCTI in Ketchikan.
November 9, 2010 -
D7 Unit Visits
November 3, 2010
SELC LC Meeting and Coast Guard Innovation Expo in Tampa
October 29, 2010
CCTI Acceptance Dinner in Washington, D.C.
October 18, 2010 -
TRACEN Cape May for Recruit Board of Advisors.
October 14, 2010
D1 Unit Visits
October 8, 2010
TRACEN Cape May visit and CCTI dinner guest speaker.
October 7, 2010 -
USO 2010 Gala in Washington, D.C.
October 5, 2010 -
Coast Guard Foundation 30th annual Salute to the Coast Guard in New York, NY.
September 28, 2010 -
D9 Unit Visits.
September 24, 2010 -
D7 CO/CMC Conference in Orlando, FL.
September 17, 2010 -
Coast Guard's 10th Annual Human Performance Technology Workshop in Williamsburg, VA.
September 15, 2010 -
83rd Fleet Reserve Association Convention in Spartanburg, SC today.
September 11, 2010
9/11 Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Pentagon hosted by President Obama and Department of Defense Secretary Gates.
September 3, 2010 -
Chiefs Call with the Commandant for all the Chiefs in the National Capital Region.
August 26, 2010
Silver Ancient Mariner Change of Watch ceremony In Yorktown, VA. The ceremony was hosted by the Gold Ancient Mariner,
Adm. Papp. Master Chief Richard Vobornik was relieved by Master Chief Steven Hearn. The two Master Chiefs have more
than 40 years of combined sea service.
August 17, 2010 -
CPOA Convention and Senior Enlisted Leadership Advisory Council Meeting.
August 14, 2010
D17 with the Commandant. We started the week with a Buoy Tender roundup in Juneau, and moved on to units throughout Alaska.
August 7, 2010
Coast Guard Day Celebration Grand Haven.
August 4, 2010
Happy 220th Birthday to the U.S. Coast Guard. It is always great to be in Petaluma especially on the Coast Guard’s birthday.
July 29, 2010 -
National Naval Officers Association (NNOA) and Association of Naval Services Officers (ANSO) Professional Development
and Training Conference.
July 22, 2010
2010 NCOA Convention. The highlight of the convention was seeing Petty Officer William Horne from Sector Guam, awarded
with the NCOA 2010 Vanguard Award.
July 20, 2010 -
Memorial service for the three fallen Coast Guardsmen of aircrew CG-6017 who were lost when their MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter
crashed off the coast of La Push, Washington.
June 26, 2010 -
West Coast trip included visits to TRACEN Petaluma, Coast Guard Stations Golden Gate and Rio Vista, and visits to Alameda,
Novato and Concord housing.
June 16, 2010
Enlisted and Reserve Person of the Year. Petty Officer 1st Class Carrie Lee Grady and Reserve Petty Officer 1st Class Christopher Pupo
were recognized for, among other things, exceptional leadership, performance, work ethic, core values and community service. With their
families in attendance both Petty Officers were meritoriously advanced to Chief Petty Officer.
June 13, 2010 -
Senior Enlisted Reserve Call, Denver, CO
June 4, 2010 -
CCTI in Corpus Christi, TX