- Visited with the Senior Enlisted Leadership Course and Boat Forces Command Cadre School students at the Coast Guard Academy.
June 18, 2012
- Opened the 2012 Career Retention Screening Panel kick-off.
June 12, 2012
- Attended the Coast Guard Foundation Dinner in Washington, DC.
May 31, 2012 - Visited with TISCOM and the Coast Guard Honor Guard.
May 28, 2012 - Dined at the White House with the President and Mrs. Obama in honor of Gold Star families. Attended 144th Memorial Day Observance at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery. Finished up the day at the 50th Vietnam War Anniversary at the National Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
May 22, 2012
- Met with the National Capital Region chapter of the Coast Guard Enlisted Association at Coast Guard Headquarters.
May 18, 2012 - Attended Vice Commandant Change of Watch ceremony.
May 16, 2012
- Attended Coast Guard Academy graduation.
May 8, 2012
- Attended Senior Executive Leadership meeting at Bolling Air Force Base.
May 4, 2012 - Traveled to Training Center Cape May for a Recruit Training Board of Advisors meeting.
April 20, 2012
- Attended Change of Command at Coast Guard Station Point Allerton.
April 14, 2012
- Spoke at commissioning for the first FRC CGC BERNARD C. WEBBER in Miami.
April 13, 2012
- Attended Arctic Conference at the Coast Guard Academy.
March 31, 2012
- Attended CGC DOROTHY STRATTON commissioning in Alameda, CA.
March 28, 2012
- Re-enlisted Petty Officer First Class Kasey Aldrich in Washington, DC.
March 23, 2012
- Attended National Capital Region Enlisted Person of the Year ceremony.
March 22, 2012
- Testified with DoD senior enlisted leaders before the House Armed Services Committee.
March 8, 2012
– Spoke at a memorial service for the crew of CG-6535.
March 6, 2012
– Met with attendees of the Joint Women's Leadership Symposium in Washington.
March 1, 2012
– Traveled to New Orleans to attend the FRC fleet dedication ceremony.
February 29, 2012
– Attended "A Nation's Gratitude: Honoring the U.S. Troops of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn" dinner at the White House along with three Coast Guard heroes.
February 29, 2012
– Attended the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" repeal awards ceremony at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington.
February 23, 2012
- Introduced the Commandant during the State of the Coast Guard address at Coast Guard Base Alameda and held a Chiefs Call.
February 11, 2012
- Visited units in D9 including Airstation Detroit, Sector Detroit, USCGC BRISTOL BAY, Station/ANT Saginaw River for an ice rescue demonstration, and finally on to Station Harbor Beach.
January 12, 2012
- Spoke at National Capital Region Chiefs Call.
Accompanied the Commandant to the 24th Annual Surface Navy Association Symposium in Arlington, Va.
January 9, 2012
- Visited Coast Guard Station Annapolis.
January 6, 2012
- Attended Commandant's address at the Naval War College in Newport, RI.
January 3, 2012
- Launched the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard National Capital Region 90-Day Fitness Challenge at Coast Guard Headquarters.
December 9, 2011
- Observed 45-foot Response Boat-Medium heavy weather training at Station Honolulu. Met with Oahu-based Coast Guardsmen during my visit to Honolulu.
November 20, 2011 - Returned home from London after a week of international travel with the Commandant.
November 18, 2011 - Visited with FLTCM Roy Maddocks, Jr., EUCOM Senior Enlisted Advisor, and met with Coast Guard AFRICOM members in Stuttgart, Germany.
November 14, 2011
- Toured NAVEUR facilities with Fleet Master Chief Bradley LeVault, senior enlisted leader to Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe, Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Africa during a visit to Naples, Italy.
November 11, 2011
- Participated in Veteran's Day wreath laying ceremony at the Coast Guard Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery.
November 5, 2011
- Flags Across America event at Arlington National Cemetery.
November 4, 2011
- Attended Commandant's Ball in Alexandria, VA.
October 28, 2011
- Attended the SELC and the Coast Guard's Innovation Expo in Tampa.
October 19, 2011
- Visited Air Station Savannah.
October 7, 2011 - Attended Board of Advisors meeting at Training Center Cape May.
September 28, 2011
- D13 Unit Visits
September 12, 2011 - Attended SPO Conference in Topeka, KS.
September 7, 2011 - Visited Air Station Elizabeth City following in the wake of Hurricane Irene.
August 4, 2011
- Visited units in Miami and the Florida Keys.
July 19, 2011
– Administered reenlistment oath for staff member at Headquarters.
July 17, 2011 - Attended the Senior Enlisted Reserve Call in Denver, CO.
July 15, 2011
- DCMS CMC Kevin Isherwood represented MCPOCG Leavitt at the 2011 NCOA Convention Senior Enlisted Panel Forum in Las Vegas, NV. Click here
to read a briefing from the forum.
July 13, 2011
- Toured Station Cape Disappointment, OR with the Commandant and received an aerial area familiarization flight from Coast Guard Air Station Astoria.
July 12, 2011
- Medal of Honor Ceremony, hosted by President Obama, for Army Sergeant First Class Leroy Petry. SFC Petry is the second living Medal of Honor recipient to have earned the award for service during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. SFC Petry, an Army Ranger, was honored for his actions during a deployment to Afghanistan in 2008.
June 29, 2011
- Joining Forces: Launching the Military Spouse Employment Partnership in Washington, DC.
June 24, 2011
- Visited Training Center Petaluma and met with different "A" and "C" School classes and spoke at the Chiefs Academy Class 178 graduation.
June 3, 2011 - Defense Senior Enlisted Leaders Conference at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, DC.
May 30, 2011 - Breakfast at the White House with the President and First Lady in honor of Gold Star Families.
May 27, 2011 - Held Active and Reserve Component Enlisted Person of the Year Ceremony in Washington, DC. Families were in attendance as both Petty Officers were meritoriously advanced.
May 25, 2011 - Met with Congressman LoBiondo in Washington, DC, to discuss housing issues.
May 24, 2011 - Attended Board of Advisors meeting at Training Center Cape May, NJ.
May 23, 2011
- Held an all hands meeting at Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City, NJ.
May 17, 2011 - Attended Wounded Warrior Games in Denver, CO.
May 13, 2011
- Accompanied the Commandant to the National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Candlelight Vigil which honors law enforcement officers who have given their lives in the line of duty.
May 13, 2011 - Attended the 32nd Annual All Service E-9 Golf Tournament sponsored by the Navy League of the United States and honoring the Coast Guard this year.
May 6, 2011
- Attended Association of Naval Service Officers (ANSO) Conference with the Commandant in San Antonio, TX.
May 5, 2011
- Military Spouse of the Year Award ceremony in Washington, DC, sponsored by Armed Forces Insurance.
May 5, 2011
- Return visit to Maritime Security Response Team (MSRT) in Chesapeake, VA with Admiral Papp.
April 29, 2011
- Visited with Sector/Base San Pedro, CA and delivered Los Angeles area Chiefs Mess CCTI address.
April 28, 2011 - Attended DoD/USDA Family Resilience Conference in Chicago, IL.
April 20, 2011
- Attended Leadership Council meeting at Coast Guard Headquarters.
April 18, 2011
- Met Petty Officer Michael James and his wife Raquel, the 2010 GEICO Military Award Winner.
April 17, 2011
- It was a distinct honor and privilege to ride with Team Coast Guard 1790 for Face of America this year from Washington, DC to Gettysburg. The conditions were challenging, but they were nothing compared to the challenges our wounded warriors face on a daily basis.
March 27, 2011 - Visited with recruits at Cape May and attended Recruit Company N-184 graduation.
March 16, 2011
- Attended the 2011 Joint Women's Leadership Symposium in San Diego
March 10, 2011
- Visited with various Coast Guard units in Puerto Rico.
March 1, 2011
- Gave testimony on housing at Congressional hearing before the Subcommittee of the Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation.
February 23, 2011 - Traveled to Boise, Id and visited the local Coast Guard recruiting office. Addressed hometown high school in Fruitland, Id. And spoke to local VFW.
February 10, 2011
- Introduced ADM Papp at State of the Coast Guard Address in Washington D.C.
January 19, 2011 - Attended Professional Housing Management Association Seminar in New Orleans.
December 12, 2010
- D17 Visit
We started the week at the Senior's dinner in Juneau, and moved on to units throughout Alaska; ending with CCTI in Ketchikan.
November 9, 2010 -
D7 Unit Visits
November 3, 2010
SELC LC Meeting and Coast Guard Innovation Expo in Tampa
October 29, 2010
CCTI Acceptance Dinner in Washington, D.C.
October 18, 2010 -
Tracen Cape May for Recruit Board of Advisors.
October 14, 2010
D1 Unit Visits
October 8, 2010
Tracen Cape May visit and CCTI dinner guest speaker.
October 7, 2010 -
USO 2010 Gala in Washington, D.C.
October 5, 2010 -
Coast Guard Foundation 30th annual Salute to the Coast Guard in New York, NY.
September 28, 2010 -
D9 Unit Visits.
September 24, 2010 -
D7 CO/CMC Conference in Orlando, FL.
September 17, 2010 -
Coast Guard's 10th Annual Human Performance Technology Workshop in Williamsburg, VA.
September 15, 2010 -
83rd Fleet Reserve Association Convention in Spartanburg, SC today.
September 11, 2010
9/11 Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Pentagon hosted by President Obama and Department of Defense Secretary Gates.
September 3, 2010 -
Chiefs Call with the Commandant for all the Chiefs in the National Capital Region.
August 26, 2010
Silver Ancient Mariner Change of Watch ceremony In Yorktown, VA. The ceremony was hosted by the Gold Ancient Mariner,
Adm. Papp. Master Chief Richard Vobornik was relieved by Master Chief Steven Hearn. The two Master Chiefs have more
than 40 years of combined sea service.
August 17, 2010 -
CPOA Convention and Senior Enlisted Leadership Advisory Council Meeting.
August 14, 2010
D17 with the Commandant. We started the week with a Buoy Tender roundup in Juneau, and moved on to units throughout Alaska.
August 7, 2010
Coast Guard Day Celebration Grand Haven.
August 4, 2010
Happy 220th Birthday to the U.S. Coast Guard. It is always great to be in Petaluma especially on the Coast Guard’s birthday.
July 29, 2010 -
National Naval Officers Association (NNOA) and Association of Naval Services Officers (ANSO) Professional Development
and Training Conference.
July 22, 2010
2010 NCOA Convention. The highlight of the convention was seeing Petty Officer William Horne from Sector Guam, awarded
with the NCOA 2010 Vanguard Award.
July 20, 2010 -
Memorial service for the three fallen Coast Guardsmen of aircrew CG-6017 who were lost when their MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter
crashed off the coast of La Push, Washington.
June 26, 2010 -
West Coast trip included visits to Tracen Petaluma, Coast Guard Stations Golden Gate and Rio Vista, and visits to Alameda,
Novato and Concord housing.
June 16, 2010
Enlisted and Reserve Person of the Year. Petty Officer 1st Class Carrie Lee Grady and Reserve Petty Officer 1st Class Christopher Pupo
were recognized for, among other things, exceptional leadership, performance, work ethic, core values and community service. With their
families in attendance both Petty Officers were meritoriously advanced to Chief Petty Officer.
June 13, 2010 -
Senior Enlisted Reserve Call, Denver, CO
June 4, 2010 -
CCTI in Corpus Christi, TX