Welcome to the Coast Guard’s
Legal Service Command
Military Justice (LSC-6E)
The Military Justice & Command Advice Branch provides command advice
on military justice, and other matters to DCMS, FORCECOM, and Headquarters units. Specific branch responsibilities in the military justice and command advice area include:
- Docketing of all courts-martial convened by DCMS units, FORCECOM units, and those Headquarters' units East of the Rockie Mountains that do not have Staff Judge Advocates assigned to them.
- Provides trial counsel for courts convened by these units, and for Boards of Inquiry conviened by CG-OPM-1.
- Providing advice on military justice issues, including the Administrative Investigation process, conducting masts, and search authorizations.
Upon request, LSC-6E attorneys will assist CO's in evaluating UCMJ allegations and determining an appropriate forum
for their disposition.
- Maintains oversight and administration of the NJP appeal process, pretrial confinement and administrative separations for DCMS, FORECOM, and Headquarters' Units as described above.
- Provides day to day Command advice for all issues pertaining to uniformed service members.
LSC-6E’s Contact Information:
Legal Service Command Norfolk
LSC-6E, MJ Division
300 East Main Street, Suite 400
Norfolk, VA 23510-9100