(1) Exemplifies the Coast Guard core values of honor (integrity), respect (esteem of junior and seniors), and devotion to duty (ethical behavior).
(2) Fosters a culture of diversity through inclusion and commitment
(3) Mentors both junior and senior personnel toward their highest potential
(4) Leads and motivates by example to ensure mission execution excellenceRecommendations: Commandant (CG-12C) solicits nominations via ALCOAST message annually. Award period will be adjusted based on calendar year (January-December).
· Nominations may be submitted by any Coast Guard member or civilian employee in the form of a memorandum, not to exceed two pages. Each nomination must be typed using Times New Roman (12 point) font with one inch margins.
· A new page endorsement from the recommended members chain of command must be included.
· Nominations must be forwarded to Commandant (CG-12C) via the chain of command. Note: If a commanding officer is nominated, the next level command shall endorse the nomination. All recommendations must be received by 15 February 2015.
· The nomination should identify specific examples and supporting information on how the nominee exemplifies each of the criteria established in section (a) by using action impact statements explaining how the member inspired others and influenced favorable outcomes. Note: Feedback from previous selection panels continues to stress that nominations should directly address leadership methodologies and climate rather than simply reporting accomplishments.
· Scanned copies of signed nominations and endorsements may be sent by e-mail to Veronique Freeman. Please save PDF under the naming convention: memberranklastname_nameofaward_activedutyorreserve_year (for example: LCDRjones_witherspoon_activeduty_2015)
· Address nominations mailed via USPS first class mail to Commandant (CG-12C), Office of Leadership & Professional Development, U.S. Coast Guard, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE, Washington DC 20593-7907. Note: Commands using this method should allow sufficient time for security screening to meet the 15 February deadline.
· A selection panel will review the nominations and make recommendations to the Assistant Commandant for Human Resources (CG-1) for approval.