· Commands submitting a nomination shall ensure that member is in compliance with the Coast Guard Weight and body Fat Standards Program Manual COMDTINST M1020.8 (Series).
· All nominations should include the individuals rank, rate, time in service, time in grade, and time at unit or command.
· Each nomination should be in standard memo format using Times New Roman (12 point) font with one inch margins, not to exceed three pages and
· Nominations must be accompanied by a proposed citation along with sufficient background information to enable final selection of the recipients. Citations must be one-page, doubled spaced, landscape format, typed using Times New Roman (12 point font) with one inch margins.
· Recommendations are to be forwarded through the chain of command and endorsed by the first Flag Officer or SES from their respective units and forwarded to Commandant (CG-12C), Office of Leadership, NLT 15 February 2015. HQ offices not within DCMS or DCO chain of command should forward nominations directly to Commandant (CG-12C).
· The nomination should identify specific examples and supporting information on how the nominee exemplifies each of the criteria established in section (a) by using action impact statements explaining how the member inspired others and influenced favorable outcomes. Note: Feedback from previous selection panels continues to stress that nominations should directly address leadership methodologies and climate rather than simply reporting accomplishments.
· Scanned copies of signed nominations and endorsements may be sent by e-mail to Veronique Freeman. Please save PDF under the naming convention: memberranklastname_nameofaward_ _year (for example: LCDRjones_munro_ 2015)
· Address nominations mailed via USPS first class mail to Commandant (CG-12C), Office of Leadership & Professional Development, U.S. Coast Guard, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE, Washington DC 20593-7907. Note: Commands using this method should allow sufficient time for security screening to meet the 15 February deadline.
· A selection panel will review the nominations and make recommendations to the Assistant Commandant for Human Resources (CG-1) for approval.