About the Course
The Eisenhower School is a college under the Department of Defense's
National Defense University. The mission of ES is to prepare military
officers and civilians for senior leadership and staff positions by
conducting postgraduate, executive-level courses of study and associated
research dealing with the resource component of national power, with special
emphasis on material acquisition and joint logistics, and their integration
into national security strategy for peace and war. Graduates are awarded a
Master of Science degree in National Resource Strategy.
The training requires participants to be away from their position for
approximately 10 months. Students will be on temporary assignment in
- Enhance ability to think strategically.
- Understand, consider and use the nation's resources in
the solution of international issues this nation will face
in the future.
- Formulate national security strategy and understand the
international system and U.S. role and influence within that
- Understand the interdependence of economics,
acquisition, logistics, technology, and mobilization in
various industrial sectors that support the nation in both
peace and conflict.
GS-14, GS-15, and NF-5 managers. Applicants must possess at least a
baccalaureate degree and have demonstrated potential for senior executive
Applicants must have a SECRET clearance prior to being accepted by ES. (If
you don't have a secret clearance, we recommend that you apply for one prior
to beginning the ES application process.)
A Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information Clearance is required for
certain electives and briefings.
2015 - June 2016
Deadline: January 16, 2015
Application packages must be directly submitted to
. Packages must include:
- Completed copy of National Defense University (NDU) Student
- An official transcript (highest degree earned).
- One-page student biography or resume to include education
and career history.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Completed copy of NDU Student Worldwide Travel Form.
- Students statement of no more than two pages as to their
career aspirations, goals, and suitability for the program.
- A Letter of Nomination, in CG Memo format, from the first
Flag Officer or SES in the applicants chain of command.
- A copy of a final secret security clearance that includes
- If you are applying for the ES Senior Acquisition Course
(SAC) you will also need to complete a SAC Nomination Form.
Costs are paid by CGHQ Funds.
The application packages of all eligible nominees will be reviewed by a
selection panel at Headquarters. Selections are based on a candidate's
joint/interagency experience and/or potential, future utilization and career
path, ES mission match (Resourcing National Security Strategy/ Acquisition/
Logistics), breadth of experience within and outside of current career
field, and ability to contribute as a member of a diverse seminar.
Nominations will be reviewed and selections recommended by a CG panel.
Candidate recommendations will then be forwarded to ES for their approval.
Selectee will be required to sign a
Continued Service Agreement
(pages 4 &
All persons interested in the Senior Service School Programs are encouraged
to visit the Senior Service School information page on the PSC-OPM Advanced
Education website at http://www.uscg.mil/psc/opm/opm1/opm-1pg.asp
For further information on training visit the Eisenhower School website: