Office Hours: 0700-1530 Monday - Friday
Phone Number: 409-941-8100
Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I report?
- Members should report during normal working hours (0700-1530)
- What is the normal uniform?
- Operational Duty Uniform.
- What is the climate in Galveston?
- Summer: Tropical Winter: Warm with some cold spells
- What Ratings are utilized at a MSST?
- BM, GM, MK, MST, OS, SK, YN, ET, HS, DC, EM
- What is the nearest city?
- The city of Galveston is approximately 10 minutes away, Houston is
45-60 minutes away.
- Location of the nearest exchange / commissary?
- There is a small exchange/uniform shop onboard Sector Field Office
Houston-Galveston on Galveston Island, as well as a small Air Force
exchange onboard Ellington AFB.
- Is government messing available?
- No, however there are many restaurants in the area.
- What is the cost of an average 2 bedroom apartment?
- Varies by location, but well within BAH allowances.
- Where do most team members live?
- Most members live within 45 minutes of Galveston. Many live in League
City, Seabrook, Texas City, the Clear Lake Area, and on Galveston Island.
A good real estate website is www.HAR.com,
or you can go through USAA with the Movers Advantage Program. Also, here
a list of convicted sexual offender residences. You can search this by
address or area. http://records.txdps.state.tx.us/soSearch/soSearch.cfm
- Where can I get additional information about the unit?
- The unit maintains a website on CG Central. Your sponsor should also
be able to answer many of your questions.
- What are the physical fitness requirements?
- You should expect to perform the Commandant's revised MLE physical
fitness test shortly after your arrival. Anticipate a 500yd swim, pushups,
pull-ups, sit-ups, sit and reach, and a 1.5 mile run. As a unit, the PFT
is administered semi-annually. The unit pays for a membership to a gym
on Galveston Island. Members be at the gym by 0630 daily. Also, there
is a possibility that you will train on vertical insertion and both armed
/ unarmed law enforcement tactics. You should be comfortable with heights.
There are numerous physical fitness coordinators to assist you in the
development of a personal program, however you should arrive fully ready
to meet these challenges.
Hurricane Preparedness Information
Items of Interest