OFFICIAL VISA APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- Determine need for visa. Check the Department of Defense Foreign Clearance Manual (DoD FCM). https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/.
- Verify your official passport has at least 6 months of validity remaining.
- *If passport will expire in 6 months or less, you must apply for a new no-fee official passport before applying for a visa.
- If a visa is required, complete Request for No-Fee Visa form online. CG-4650A
- To fill out a new online CG-4650A, Click on new located at the top Left corner, fill out form, print, click on save & submit located at the bottom right corner of the form. How to fill out CG-4650A online.
- Visit the appropriate Country’s Embassy website.
- Read and complete the requirements for obtaining a visa. In addition, there may be other pertinent entrance requirements listed. Additional information can be found at: Embassy listings and requierments.
- Download the appropriate visa application form, and include in the visa application package. Visa applications can also be found on the DOD Passport Matters website.
- If you have any questions about the visa process and applicability, contact the passport and visa division.
- Visa application shall include:
- Request for No-Fee Visa, Form CG-4650A
- Country visa application
- Official Passport (Signed)
- Any other documents required by that country. (This may include photos and immunization records.)
- FedEx visa application package to:
U.S. COAST GUARD
ATTN: PASSPORT DIVISION
715 D STREET SE
WASHINGTON, DC 20003
- Hand-carry visa application package may be dropped of at the passport division located at CG Headquarters (LL2-M07)
*Use of DHS approved commercial express carrier (FedEx/UPS) is the preferred method of shipping.
Note: Travelers must provide CG-DCO-I a minimum of 30 days to process a single visa. If travelers require multiple visas, a minimum of 60 days is needed.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 8/1/2014