Fast Response Boat 42-FOOT (Arch Angel)
International Affairs (CG-DCO-I)
Boats International is a manufacturer of boats for use in a wide
variety of applications including military, law enforcement,
commercial, and pleasure. They have designed and are currently
building one of the largest Response Boat fleets ever to been
procured by the United States Coast Guard.
This larger Arch Angel enclosed cabin model - is based upon both the
successful Response Boat Small program for the USCG and the United
States Marine Corp Small Unit Riverine Craft (SURC) program. The
boat was designed as a highly maneuverable, rapidly deployable,
high-speed patrol craft for coastal patrol, littoral and riverine
environments with an open ocean capability. With expanded range,
advanced sea keeping ability (provided by an Patented, high-strength
solid cell polyethylene foam collar that provides stability,
redundant buoyancy, and small-arms ballistic protection), the Arch
Angel was designed to cover a broad operational environment (Air
temperature from 20 to 125 degrees F in fresh, salt, and brackish
water temperatures ranging from 33 to 95 degrees F, Fully
operational up to Sea State 3) as well as support sustained
operations and harbor patrol. Overhead spotter windows; Port &
Starboard sliding side doors provide exceptional visibility and
enhance communication, air circulation and provide multiple points
(4) of ingress/egress. The cabin also has large easily accessible
stowage areas and V-berths forward for possible extended patrols.
SAFE Boats developed unique features rare in this size class of boats including:
- Welded Marine Grade 5/16 - 5086 Aluminum with 5/16 Keel Doubler on Forefoot. Safe Boats exclusive -10 Stringer System with Angled Transverse
Framing on 12 inch centers.
- Fuel tank with calibrated Wema (TM) Fuel Sending Unit.Easy tank inspection port, 300 US gallon fuel tank with a formed bottom having no lower seams (1/4 inch Aluminum 5086).
- Dual RDCOr water separator-fFilter with priming pump; and fuel read out gauge.
- Electrical system is 2 VDC with marine batteries. Shore power connections via 120 Volt AC system (50 foot portable) with 2 each 120volt AC 15 AMP marine GFI duplex outlets. Alternators have 55 AMP Capability.
- Marine grade commercial distribution breaker panel with thermal magnetic over/short surge protection breakers. Built In engine room fire suppression system.
- Electric 12-V windlass with bow roller, operable from the bow or helm that handles both chain and line.
- Navigation lights running & anchor); dual blue law enforcement lights, dimmable interior and exterior low profile walk way lights. Starboard
and port (forward and aft) facing floodlights and interior lights (both white and red).
- Galley with 2-burner butane cook top, 110-V built-In microwave oven, 12-V/110 refrigerator, single stainless steel sink with 12-V pressurized
freshwater, 10-Gal freshwater tank.
- Enclosed head (portable chemical type with pump put). Two forward berths (able to accommodate persons on Stoke's litters) and storage for tools, equipment and survival gear.
- Length Overall: 42 Feet 6 Inches (13 Meter)
- Beam: 13 Feet 4 Inches(4 Meter)
- raft: Shallow 13 – 34 Inches Before Loading (Step and at Rest) (0.33 to 0.864 meters)
- Welded Marine Grade 5/16 - 5086 Aluminum With 5/16 Keel Doubler on Forefoot
- Weight: 21,244 Pounds (9,636 Kg)
- Clearance with Antennas and Mast Lowered: 12 Feet 6 Inches (3.81 meter).
- Dual Inboard Yanmar 6CXM 500 HP @2900 RPM Diesel Engines.
- Dual ZF301 Gear Transmission, 1.296 To 1 Ratio
- Dual Spicer 1610 Drive Lines
- Dual Hamilton 322 Water Jets.
- Dual Engine, Transmission Water Jet Controls at Helm Station
- Dual Gauge Panels at Helm Station (Tachometers, Water Temperature, Oil Pressure,Engine Hours, etc...)
- Top Speed Under Normal Operating Conditions 35-40 Kts
- Cruising Speed Fully Loaded 25-32 Kts. Idle Speed: 4 Kts
- Range Fully Loaded At 30 Kts of at Least 250 Nautical Miles
- Stability Shall Meet or Exceed 46 CFR 28.565-46 To CFR 28.580
- 300 US Fuel Tank (1,135.6 liter)
- Fuel Efficiency: at Cruising Speed 30-35 Gal/Hour (113.56 to 132.49 liter/Hour)
- Safe and Controllable To Maximum Achievable Speed (40+Kts) Under All Normal Load Conditions Decelerates from 30kts to Dead In The Water in Less than 13 Seconds.
- Electronics (To be
Supplied and Installed)
- Fully Integrated
- All Components NMEA
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 3/27/2014