Response Boat Small Class 25-FOOT (RB-S)
International Affairs (CG-DCO-I)
Designed exclusively for the United States Coast Guard by SAFE Boats International, the RB-S (Response Boat Small) "Defender" Class will combat terrorism and keep the country's borders secure.
The RB-S is
noteworthy for its speed and maneuverability. Time from zero to
plane is under 4 seconds and with a top speed over 40 knots, the RB-S
is the perfect fast response security, SAR or LE platform. The RB-S
has a 102-inch beam and low profile making it easy to trailer,
store, or load onto a C130 aircraft. The RB-S comes with a full
cabin to protect the crew from weather.
The RB-S has the
direct benefit of years of evolutionary USCG Non-Standard boat
history to maximize its operational availability. The USCG began
accepting delivery of boats in the summer of 2003 at the rate of 2
or 3 each week. The RB-S fleet is expected to consist of 350 boats,
though that number may grow to 700 depending on funding and the
growing Homeland Security missions. The RB-S will be the largest
boat fleet ever acquired by the Coast Guard and one of the largest
of its type in the world.
- Length, molded: 25' 00"
- Length Overall: (bow to taff rail) 27' 6"
- Beam (amidships): 8' 6"
- Freeboard, bow: 3' 5"
- Freeboard, Amidships pilothouse door): 2' 00"
- Freeboard, recovery well: 1' 0"
- Draft (engines lowered): 3' 3"
- Draft (engines raised): 2' 3"
- Maximum Fixed height above water line: (top of spotlight): 6' 9"
- Fixed Height above waterline: (top of mast light) 9' 2"
- Unfixed height above water line: (top of VHF antenna): 11' 0"
- Engines Qty (2) Honda 4-Stroke Counter-rotating Shaft horsepower (each engine): 225 SHP
- Speed: 40+ Knots
- Cruising Range:175NM at 35 knots
- Seas: Up to 4' for normal operations
- Safe in seas 8-10'
- Fuel type: gasoline
- Fuel capacity: 105 gallons
- Maximum speed: 45 kts
- Displacement, full load: 8,500 pounds
- Displacement, less cargo: 7,200 pounds
- Minimum Operational Crew: 3
- Personnel Capacity (Pass. and Crew): 10
- Weather Parameters: Winds: 25 kt & Seas: 6 feet
- Crew Endurance: 8 hours
- Towing Capacity: 35' or 10 Tons
- Furuno 1933C 10.4 inch Color Radar and Chart Plotter
- GP-37 DGPS Receiver
- RD-30 Remote Display (displays DGPS, Depth, Water temperature and Heading)
- PG-1000 Flux Gate Compass Transducer
- ARC Remote Control Searchlight
- 2 Fire Extinguishers
- 1 Boat Hook
- 150 ft Anchor/Tow Rope
- 1 Anchor
- 6 - 25 ft. Mooring Lines
- 1 Bucket w/Lanyard
- 1 Manual Portable Bilge Pump
- 1 First Aid Kit
- Boat Manuals