HSWL RP Kodiak
To determine readiness, Coast Guard members shall be physically examined and required to meet the physical standards prescribed in the Medical Manual (COMDTINST M6000.1) for the program or specialty and grade or rate involved. An examinee who does not meet the standard shall be disqualified. Periodic Health Assessments and physical exams are conducted daily at Rockmore-King Clinic for those active duty and reserve members enrolled to Rockmore-King Clinic. The Health Services Division Customer Service Standards require physical exams to be scheduled within 30 days of the request and approved within 60 days after completion of the physical exam. You should allow yourself at least a 90 day window to ensure the physical exam will be completed in time to meet your needs.
Periodic Health Assessments. We are now requiring the Annual Periodic Health Assessment.
To schedule a physical exam contact the Rockmore-King Clinic Front Desk at 907-487-5757 x134 or x137. If you have questions please contact HSC Tierney at 907-487-5757 x109.
Procedures: To ensure your physical exam runs smoothly and to limit the amount of time spend filling out forms in the clinic, follow these procedures;
1. You must fast for 12 hours prior to your physical exam. NO EATING! You can drink and are encouraged to drink lots of water. You may also drink strait black coffee or straight tea. Urine and blood samples will be necessary.
2. If you wear glasses and have not had an eye exam in the last 24 months schedule an appointment with the optometrist prior to your physical exam date if possible (907-487-5757 x149).
3. If you are a female, a PAP is required and should be completed prior to the physical exam. Additionally, if you are at age 40, 44, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60, and 62 a mammography is required. A referral for a mammography and/or PAP can be completed by scheduling an appointment with one of the Medical Officers.
4. You will need your Health Record (medical/dental record) with you on the day of your appointment.
Forms to fill out:
1. Fill out thePeriodic Health Assessment
2. Fill out the highlighted areas on the Report of Medical ExaminationDD Form 2808 , Dental Health Questionnaire CG-5605, and Report of Medical History DD Form 2807-1, then print them out and bring the forms to your appointment.
3. If you are a reserve member and are being activated or deactivated, print our the Report of Medical AssessmentDD Form 2697. Then fill out the form and bring it with you to your appointment.
4. If you are active duty or reserve, you will visit the dentist here at Rockmore-King Clinic. If you are a reserve or an active duty member seeking dental care from a civilian dentist, print out the Department of Defense Active Duty/Reserve Forces Dental ExamDD Form 2813. Take the form to the civilian dentist with you and ask the dentist to fill out the form. When completed fax the form to the Rockmore-King Clinic Administrator at (907) 487-5360.
5. If you are transferring Overseas, Sea Duty Deployment or completing your annual screening for Port Security Unit, print out theScreening Form, then fill it out and bring it with you to your appointment.
6. TheMedical Examination Report for commercial driver fitness determination is used for those seeking a license to transport explosive materials.
Types of Physical Exams: The following physical examinations can be completed at CG Base Command Kodiak's Rockmore-King Clinic.
Periodic Health Assessments
Overseas Transfer and Sea Duty Deployment
Pre-Commissioning / Appointment
Separation / Release from Active Duty
Annual Command Afloat Medical Screening
DIVER / BUDS