Skip Navigation

Retirement Processing

Retirement Certificates Must Be Pre-Ordered

The Pay and Personnel Retiree and Annuitant Services Branch (PPC-RAS) no longer pre-mails retirement certificates. Retirement certificates must be requested by the member's unit using the web form at The unit must submit the certificate request at least 60 days prior to the date planned for the member's retirement ceremony.

  • PPC (RAS) issues three types of certificates: Retirement, Spousal Appreciation and Presidential. We do NOT issue certificates to significant others, children or pets. Children's certificates are processed at the unit level.
  • The information on the Direct Access/Global Pay database is what is used to populate the names on the certificates. PPC-RAS cannot deviate from this for nicknames or AKA situations.
  • Effective 2/11/15 certificate request will be accepted for member's with APPROVED SEPARATION AUTHORIZATIONS vice APPROVED ORDERS.

This page provides links to procedures for requesting retirement and for establishing your retired pay account.

Retirement Requests, procedures and information:

Submit retirement requests to the Coast Guard Personnel Service Center (PSC):

red arrowhead Coast Guard PSC, Reserve Personnel Management Division, Separations (rpm-1)

red arrowheadCoast Guard PSC, Officer Boards, Promotions, and Separations Branch (opm-1)

red arrowheadCoast Guard PSC, Active Duty Enlisted Retirements (epm-1)

Establishing your retired pay account:

After your retirement request is approved by CG PSC (rpm-1/opm-1/epm-1), submit your retirement package and other forms and worksheets to the Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center (PPC):

Top of page

Final Active Duty Pay

For information concerning your final active duty pay, Leave and Earning Statement (LES), IRS Form W-2 (reporting taxable active duty wages) (use this link to request a replacement/duplicate W2) please contact PPC (SEP) at:

Toll- Free: 866-772-8724
Commercial: 785-339-2200
Web Form: PPC Customer Care
Commanding Officer (SEP)
Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center
444 SE Quincy St.
Topeka, KS  66683-3591

Top of page

TRICARE Retiree Dental Program Pre-Retirement Informational Video Now Available

Delta Dental's TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TDRP) has posted a pre-retirement informational video on its website. The video is available to all the uniformed service installations and units as a resource for personnel who are about to retire, but can't get to a TAP class or preretirement briefing for one reason or another.

TRICARE Retiree Dental Program Pre-Retirement Video (You Tube Blocked on CG Workstation)

Important TRICARE Retiree Dental Program Benefit Information for Reserve Pre-Retirees and Retirees

Reserve personnel who elect to enroll in the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) within 120 days after retirement are eligible to skip the 12-month waiting period normally required for certain TRDP benefits (such as crowns, bridges, and braces). All new enrollees seeking to obtain the waiver should submit a copy of their retirement orders along with their enrollment application.

It is important to note that as with all new retirees, the 120-day period during which a "gray area" retired Reservist or Guard member can enroll in the TRDP to qualify for the 12-month waiting period waiver begins with his/her retirement effective date, not the date he/she reaches age 60.

Eligible retirees and their family members can find answers to their questions about the program as well as enroll using Delta Dental's dedicated TRDP web site at or by calling the toll-free number at (888) 838-8737.

Top of page

Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF) Click Here to Download MS Word viewer MS Word
Last Modified 3/30/2016